All reviews great location stayed here single room stay there again walking distance sink desk kitchenette business elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Walking up Mühlstraße you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd made a small mistake coming here. It's not the most attractive straße in the city. If you've just pulled up in your taxi you might feel the same (It's around a 15-ish minute walk from the station).

Once in side it becomes clean, modern and functional, and you think this might be ok after all. Uber friendly staff made checking in a breeze with zero fuss. There is a bar adjacent if you need some refreshments after your trip.

Rooms are external to the reception area and are reached by foot or stairs or by elevator. Mine was a single room with double bed, bathroom and small kitchen/dining/entrance vestibule. There's a kettle, microwave, sink and small cooler, can't really call it a fridge, with the usual kitchen utensils. Clean and functional.

The bathroom was large with a spacious shower area. Water flow was good with both rain and wand streams available. Again, clean and efficient.

The bedroom was big and had oodles of storage space, two people could easily fit all of their stuff for at least a weeks stay. Big TV with 3D (that I didn't make use of) and a sizeable desk for doing the sort of things you'd need a desk to do.

There's no restaurant but there are several places nearby, within a 10 minute walk, where one can eat and/or drink. There's a large shopping mall close by with an Aldi and several food/snack outlets available.

A nice place and I'd be happy to stay there again. My only criticism is that the rooms don't have A/C. I went in the hottest July this century, with temps up to 38 degrees. This is an anomaly and usually you don't need cooling.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2018

I stayed here for business in 2013 and came back in 2017 for pleasure. We had a wonderful suite (almost like an apartment) with a kitchenette, 1.5 baths, king bed, 2 TVs, and a great outside seating area. We enjoyed the breakfast both days we were here, and the staff was amazing.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is away from the street
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in september. The first impression is of a very well designed and comfortable hotel. My room was big with a big bathroom. Very nice shower. Staff smily and very nice. Big breakfast with both salt.and.sweet things. Approved!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Hello fellow travellers,

Well, I chose to stay at the Hotel Barth, because my original hotel was fully booked I assume due to accommodating the cast of a MARVELOUS Belgium performance group Theater Tol - kudos gents and ladies!!! My initial impression was wow it appears to be new... but I was unhappy to find my room had no air con. Anyway, I opened the windows and thankfully the temperature was cooler and the room cooled quickly. The room was smaller than I expected, but at least had a small refrigerator. Lots of channels on the TV, due to the premium cable provided. Most channels still in German, a couple of news channels in English. A small hole was noticed in my bathroom door. Bathroom kind of small especially the sink. Nice design for the cube shower - doors fold in to allow for a bit more room. WiFi internet connection was not very reliable in my room (#14). Bed mattress was a bit hard and pillows do not support your head. Breakfast was marginal at best. Great cup of cappuccino though! Security though is superb! After 5 or 6pm, the outer doors leading to the rooms are locked requiring your door key to gain access. The property is gated, but the gate to the property remains open. If you plan on checking in ensure you arrive before 10pm. The reception office/building closes at 10pm. Well in summary,

PROS:
- refrigerator
- more premium cable channels (couple in english)
- security

CONS:
- small bathroom/shower
- NO air con
- marginal breakfast
- slightly unreliable WiFi internet

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2017

I've stayed at Hotel Barth several times over past 4-5 years. Staff has been great each time. Rooms are clean, well appointed, and spacious. Breakfast service includes hot and cold fare, always fresh.

Parking nearby is limited...typical for city center locations.

Yes, I will stay here again.

Room tip: Room 40 is large, handicap accessible and close to elevator.
Date of stay: January 2017