“Nice Mexican-Style Restaurant... definitely the best in the Kaiserslautern area”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina Mexicana

Cantina Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Duren, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I enjoyed this restaurant on several occasions, while living in Kaiserslautern and the food was alway tasty and very decently priced. It might not be 100% mexican, as others say, I cannot really comment on that as I am not Mexican, but I know some mexican guys who definitely enjoyed it and said it was a fairly decent attempt at mexican food. I myself have been to San Diego in early 2013 and must say that this place is definitely better than the mexican restaurants I tried in San Diego and San Diego is right to the mexican border.
You should definitely get a reservation in the evening hours as it is usually quite full especially on weekends. A lot of Americans from the base dine there, so english menus and english service is always available not non-german speakers.

• Visited June 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“good evening out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Took my family to this Mexican restaurant and we all had something different except the. Children I had an Argentina steak which was cooked just the way I like I was offered various.forms of potato along with dish the rest had various Mexican dishes and from what I could tell nothing was left although you have a jolly good portion... but whilst waiting you are supplied with continuous baskets of tortilla chips with a home made salsa at no cost ..all the food. Came at the same time and was piping hot..the service excellent and the children.'s iced tea was topped up when ever they wanted. .again no extra a charge..a place worthy of a visit and not expensive all in all good value..Will surely visit this establishment again....almost forgot there is a child play area for under 5's

• Visited December 2013
Kaiserlautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Disgusting and should not be called anything close to Mexican food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is awful. Now while I am Mexican and from south Texas I am aware that there is absolt no legitimate mexican cuisine in this area but Cantina is jist downright disgusting all around. I've been in ktown for 3 years and been several times for going away dinners and just find the food inedible. Avoid at all costs and just cook your own at home. Even if you don't know how to cook Mexican food you will have better food than here.

2 Thank Janee D
Nixa, Missouri
“Good margaritas...food seems to be hit or miss.... sadly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are often looking for a tasty Mexican food as we miss it and we have been to this place several times in the past couple of years the drinks are always good, the atmosphere is fun and the service is great but the food seems to be hit or miss. The last time we ate their all of the food seemed to just be covered in cheese and usually we don't shy away from that but it ended up to be too greasy and the cheese that they are using ends up getting tough after it sits a bit which makes for not so appetizing meals. Next time we go we may try the fajitas which may be a safer option. You may want to book ahead as they are busy. I will say that this place does beat other Mexican places that we have tried and the cost is fair just wish the food was more consistent.

• Visited August 2013
Rodenbach, Germany
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The chips and salsa are pretty good. Margaritas are ok. This place is nothing special but it's nice to be able to go out to a family-friendly restaurant since they seem few and far between in Germany.

• Visited May 2013