“Great for group dinners”
Review of Burgschanke

Burgschanke
Ranked #22 of 286 Restaurants in Kaiserslautern
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've had many social dinners here. Welcoming, farewel, promotions all group dinners were lovely and in the location is great just downhill from a castle ruin.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Luckily for me it's only a ten minute walk from our house to the Burgschanke! It is one of the best restaurants I've been too here in Europe. The restaurant serves "typical" Pfalzish/German food with local wine and bier. They also offer weekly, seasonal specials that are always wonderful. We've been going here for over three years (almost weekly) and we've never had a bad meal! One of their specialities is the garlic soup; try it, you will not be disappointed! The place is what most Americans would imagine of if they were thinking of what a German restaurant should look like, but in this case it's for real. The owner and staff speak English, are very helpful, friendly and love dogs! Our two dogs usually go to dinner with us (not a problem in Germany if they are well behaved - just like kids!) and like to sit next to the radiators in the winter. In the nice weather they have a beautiful patio with umbrella covered tables that makes dining outside perfect. I cannot recommend the Burgschanke highly enough!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have eaten there a bunch of times, food is great and great prices. The owners and people who work there couldnt be nicer. I would reccommend this place to anyone. It doesnt have a huge menu but the items it has are all wicked awesome. I will continue to go there for the next few years we are stationed here.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am currently living at the Burgschanke while working in Kaiserlauter, Germany. I have been here a couple of weeks at this point (January 21, 2014) and will be returning to the US in April. I enjoy the German atmosphere of the Hotel and Restaurant, and feel at home away from home here. The staff are awesome, very warm and friendly, they make you feel like a part of the family. The location is in a small village setting surrounded by woods, two beautiful old churches, and a Castle ruins on the hill behind the Hotel you can walk to.

1  Thank cpslynch
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was very amazing and the service was great. A must go if your new to the area. The prices are a little pricey but again it's not fast food it's authentic German food.

2  Thank Ben H