“Deserves all the praises!”

Altes Gasthaus Leve
Ranked #1 of 513 Restaurants in Muenster
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Altes Gasthaus Leve has it all. It has a splendid interior that will charm you from the very second you go in. You will be greeted by lovely staff and you will feel like a queen or a king seeing how your each requests is a pleasure to them. You will wonder inside with your camera as if this was a UNESCO finest spot.

Then you will receive a meal that will make your taste buds excite. We literally loves the meal there, which was both fair priced and delicious. I could feel the taste of my meal till the next day...

It may get crowded, so book ahead. We still were lucky enough to get a table outside in the evening but in low-season. Leaving some photos behind - they will convince you!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is to close to a tourist trap for my taste. The food is acceptable nothing more. But the price tag is quite heavy. Service is fast, good and you get your food and drinks quite fast. Great with hungry kids at the table.

1  Thank Morten A
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and me and 6 of our German friends ate in here on the 23rd June 2013 we have eaten here before on about 4 other occasions and we both think it is the best restaurant in town.We had as a starter 3 fried eggs on fried potatoes and salad well a starter my goodness I could not believe how much,then had lamb shank with green beans and boiled potatoes it was gorgeous.Anyone who is staying in Muenster please try this restaurant the decor is fabulous as well

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had trouble making a reservation for this place so arrived without one. The place was packed but they found us a table. It was a very traditional German menu which I thought was well priced. The service was very conscientious. We found the experience good and the food delicious. If you are only in Munster for one night, this is the place you should go.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

great meal in a ambience of charming rustic old hotel. The food was great. Mainly German. Traditional. Huge portions and very well priced. Interesting décor, with a sense of history. Great and most pleasant evening.