“Great Place to Stay!!”
Review of H4 Hotel Muenster

H4 Hotel Muenster
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Muenster
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I accompanied my partner to Germany as he had a conference to attend. I went with some apprehension as I had never been to Germany before and really thought that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself while he was busy. Well I must say…it was FABULOUS!!! A huge part of the enjoyment of my trip was The Treff Hotel. It is in the greatest location ever!! You can shop to your hearts content at absolutely beautiful stores and an endless array of restaurants and cafes are all in walking distance. There are so many sites to see and again all in close proximity. The hotel was very clean and the staff where very friendly. When I got back to Canada I realized that in my hurry I forgot a necklace in the room that was very special to me. I contacted the hotel and asked if they happened to find it. Within a couple of hours they emailed back saying yes they were pleased to say they had found it along with a couple of other items, I was really rushing as we had a cab waiting at 4am for us to go to the airport. They happily sent all my items to me, I couldn’t believe, firstly that someone had turned it in and how accommodating they were to get it back to me. I would highly recommend The Treff and can hardly wait to go back to Muenster!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2010

This hotel is in the city centre and within a short walk to all of the city's main tourist attractions. However, you should note that it is a longer walk to the student area which has a higher concentration of bars and restaurants than directly in the city centre itself.

The hotel is very clean and you can tell that it is still relatively new. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are bright, spacious and very modern. They have high ceilings and allow lots of natural light in the daytime. However, there is no tea or coffee making facilities, mini bar or room service. As previously mentioned by another reviewer there is only a vending machine in the hall.

We eat at the restaurant on our first night and it was very much lacking in atmosphere as we were the only ones dining here. However, the food was excellent and good value for money.

With regard to Meunster in general, two nights should cover everything you need to see. There appears to be a lack of restaurants and bars in the city centre and we had trouble finding places to eat during our stay. The town is not lively and is very quiet at night (at least we found during our stay). However, would recommend a visit overall and a stay at the Treff hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Clean rooms, nice staff and great location! No frills! For example, In the hotel guide under room service they just list the vending machine.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

The hotel is in a great central location, although like a previous post, we too had difficulty finding the hotel. The sat Nav took us to a suburban residence ! we then rang the hotel reception, and got very little help. I think we found the hotel by luck. That said the hotel was very modern, well decorated and the room was massive, with high celings
and top end fixtures and fittings. The hotel was great for a base, we did not eat or drink in the hotel as it lacked atmosphere. Muenster is a lovely town, to spend a day or two in and the Christmas markets are all within the centre and within easy walking distance to each other.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Was a bit apprehensive of booking here as it was newly opened in Oct'09 and I was conscious that there might be teething problems. I need not have worried - the hotel is great. It's right in the centre of town in a newly developed area consisting mainly of shops and restaurants. The rooms are huge, clean and very smartly decorated with all the latest mod-cons (such as under floor heating in the bathroom). We had a suite and thought it was worth paying a bit extra for the walkout balcony and sitting room area. The hotel is divided into two parts one containing the reception, breakfast room/bar, conference facilities etc and the other containing the bulk of the bedrooms. Access between the two is either a 1 minute walk outside or through the underground car park. We didn't find it a problem and actually quite liked the fact that it was all fairly anonymous. Highly recommended. .

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2009

It took us well over an hour driving around Munster town centre to find the hotel. Directions published online were not helpful, nor was the hotel receptionist when we rang to ask them for help. Stopped various locals who gave us better help. The hotel itself is lovely. Well laid-out, comfortable and well-equipped rooms, fantastic breakfast buffet but again, poor directions around the hotel make it impossible to find reception if you come in from the wrong car park, and the breakfast room is also hidden. Key cards didn't swipe properly for 2 of our party and one particular member of staff was very unhelpful. A real shame, the location is great and, if they paid attention to these details it would score maximum points across the board.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2009

This is a new hotel built on a multi storey car park, recently having opened, so is pristine, nice but I had a concern that anyone can get straight into the hotel room area from the multi storey car park or street, ironically you needed a swipe card to get into the hotel reception from the hotel rooms (unless you take the stairs down to the garage and then up in the lift!) Rooms are comfortable and well laid out. Parking is chargeable, and cannot be added to the hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business