“Ist dies eine Schwimmhalle?” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
H4 Hotel Muenster City Center
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Muenster
Netherlands
“Ist dies eine Schwimmhalle?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Das Hotel ist ueber einer Parkgarage gebaut und scheint eher mit Treppen fuer eine Schwimmhalle gebaut zu sein. Der Eingang zum Schlaftrakt mit Karte gleicht dem Eingang eines Maedcheninternates. Nachdem wir dreimal fuer eine falsche Buchung anrufen mussten, wurden wir mit einem Einbettzimmer empfangen. Die einzige Moeglichkeit war das Invalidenzimmer. Wir waren Teil einer Hochzeitzgesellschaft, sonst waeren wir gleich weggegangen. Schlechter Service. Steriles Hotel. Dieses Hotel koennen wir nicht empfehlen.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gabrielle16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at the Treff Ramada for two nights in May and were pleasantly surprised by the excellent location on a popular pedestrian shopping path and amazing picture-window view of same from our bedroom. The room was very nice otherwise, with a floating wall separating the beds/view and a small living space with sofa and TV, and the modern bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub and a heated floor. Breakfast was included, served in a large dining space (it's a sizeable hotel) with the biggest German-style breakfast buffet we found among this trip's hotels, and the food wasn't bad. We didn't interact too much with the staff, but we did check out a day before we'd originally intended, and they changed our reservation with no fuss. This wasn't the cheapest hotel, but as with others the prices vary widely by day, and our second night cost much less than the first, so with the nice room and breakfast we found it to be decently-priced on average.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Walldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

The hotel is very centrally located, 5-10 minutes by walk from the main train station and in the pedesterian zone. I was travelling by train, so I do not know about the parking possibilities. It is very very new and very modernly and colourfully decorated. Also the rooms and the other parts of the hotel had a modern, different and pleasant look. Also the furniture and the equipments in the room were all new and high quality things.
The breakfast was great, wide selection, and everything was delicious. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel for any occasion in Münster.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed here June 24-27 and I have to say it was terrific. Muenster does not get a lot of English tourists, however, the staff was fluent in English and were very helpful to us. The hotel itself is new and modern with well appointed rooms. Yes, they do not have room service, but they have a nice bar and a lounge on the second floor. I was actually surprised to see it so empty when we were there, but vacation time had not really started. It is as convenient as you can find as far as location. I thought it was a really fine place to stay and if life ever brings me back I would stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

I accompanied my partner to Germany as he had a conference to attend. I went with some apprehension as I had never been to Germany before and really thought that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself while he was busy. Well I must say…it was FABULOUS!!! A huge part of the enjoyment of my trip was The Treff Hotel. It is in the greatest location ever!! You can shop to your hearts content at absolutely beautiful stores and an endless array of restaurants and cafes are all in walking distance. There are so many sites to see and again all in close proximity. The hotel was very clean and the staff where very friendly. When I got back to Canada I realized that in my hurry I forgot a necklace in the room that was very special to me. I contacted the hotel and asked if they happened to find it. Within a couple of hours they emailed back saying yes they were pleased to say they had found it along with a couple of other items, I was really rushing as we had a cab waiting at 4am for us to go to the airport. They happily sent all my items to me, I couldn’t believe, firstly that someone had turned it in and how accommodating they were to get it back to me. I would highly recommend The Treff and can hardly wait to go back to Muenster!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Barnet, Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

This hotel is in the city centre and within a short walk to all of the city's main tourist attractions. However, you should note that it is a longer walk to the student area which has a higher concentration of bars and restaurants than directly in the city centre itself.

The hotel is very clean and you can tell that it is still relatively new. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are bright, spacious and very modern. They have high ceilings and allow lots of natural light in the daytime. However, there is no tea or coffee making facilities, mini bar or room service. As previously mentioned by another reviewer there is only a vending machine in the hall.

We eat at the restaurant on our first night and it was very much lacking in atmosphere as we were the only ones dining here. However, the food was excellent and good value for money.

With regard to Meunster in general, two nights should cover everything you need to see. There appears to be a lack of restaurants and bars in the city centre and we had trouble finding places to eat during our stay. The town is not lively and is very quiet at night (at least we found during our stay). However, would recommend a visit overall and a stay at the Treff hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Clean rooms, nice staff and great location! No frills! For example, In the hotel guide under room service they just list the vending machine.

• Stayed May 2010