As Holiday Inns go this place looks OK from the outside, but the experience inside was sadly lacking.
Customer service was probably the worst point - the barman always preferred talking to his friends rather than actually serving drinks, the restaurant waitress was abrupt to the point of rudeness and one of the receptionists was completely ineffectual over the simplest request (a refill of milk sachets for my room).
The bar itself was characterless and the restaurant food quality was poor and with a very limited menu choice - happily there were some lovely restaurants we found in Monchengladbach itself - mainly through Trip Advisor reviews. Reception gave us a sheet of suggestions, but no-one seemed to know anything about any of them.
The cost of WiFi was extortionate - even by business hotel standards. €19 for 2 days use or €5 for 1 hour - much more than other Holiday Inns in Germany, and the hotel price itself was steep - certainly for what it was (breakfast was an extra 17.50 too - I can't comment on the quality as I wasn't paying that much each day on top of the high room price).
I spotted an extra charge on the bill when I left - an extra charge for WiFi - by which stage they'd processed my card. Normally I'd expect to check the bill first. When investigated, it turned out that the date 7/12 that was scribbled on a piece of paper had been charged to my room 712. I did get that refunded but it summed up the experience for me.
Finally the hot water was tepid one morning.
Several of these points were mentioned to the reception staff - who were very dismissive of me.
The only good point was the view of the church was pleasant in the snow. Beyond that, it was an expensive, rude and dated experience. I won't stay there again and would never recommend anyone else to.
Holiday Inn generally gives good value for money. Not so in Monchengladbach. I stayed with them two weeks before in Neuss and it was like a different chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach is the ideal destination and perfect located. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for business, high speed internet access, a work area in your room and plenty of electrical outlets. Make a success out of your next conference. The Leonardo Hotel Monchengladbach can host meetings and functions in up to 120 attendees. The very friendly front office staff will assist you with copies and faxing. We can help make your day. If you are here for pleasure you are just 30 minutes away from the Dutch Border (Venlo & Roermond) with outstanding shopping outlets. If you are looking for a hotel to visit sport events like Borussia Monchengladbach game, Nordpark stadium or Warsteiner Hockeypark are just 2.5 Km away from Leonardo Hotel Monchengladbach. Experience fine dining at our Restaurant L Image or enjoy for favourite drink in our Bar Ciel. From a great breakfast to start your day to a relaxing meal in the evening our team looks forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Monchengladbach
- mönchengladbach Holiday Inn