“Maybe best Moenchengladbach has to offer but not so good” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Monchengladbac...
London, United Kingdom
“Maybe best Moenchengladbach has to offer but not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Bit of a basic hotel. Bar is the worst most characterless bar I've been in for a long time. Breakfast average. Quite a basic and a bit of a run down hotel. On the positive side a short walk over the dual carriageway and up the hill and you're in the town centre. I've been to a few hotels in MGB and this is maybe the best but that's not a great recommendation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank drdave10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear drdave10,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hungarian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We choose that hotel as we wanted to have a use of the swimming pool but were dissapointed with the size of it. It was little bigger than a poodle. Other than this very happy with the hotel. We have enjoyed the room service. Good food.

• Stayed July 2012
Salisbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times both on business and passing through on holiday. Good rooms empecably truned out, in a good location and with friednly (and English speaking) staff. BUT...as a number of reviewers have observed it is very expensive. Breakfast is not included in the room price and is costly (go to Heinemanns in the centre of town by the Theatre), internet access costs ais expensive and you have to pay extra to park your car (just bizarre). I was also annoyed that although part of the Holdiay Inn chain, they do not participate in their Reward Nights scheme (explain that one to me Holiday Inn?).
So overall although we've always had a comfortable stay - there's always a sense of dissatisfaction at feeling just a little ripped off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKtraveller65
CoogMeister
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last time I stayed in a Holiday Inn, I complained about the expensive but indifferent food and rip off charges for Internet. This one has all those features but they have also added on a charge for parking your car too!
I stayed one night. Had a salad and a glass of water for dinner and got a bill for more than EUR 211.40 And that was on a corporate rate as well!

Dinner was more than a little disappointing. I arrived a little late so did not get to the restaurant till gone 9 pm. The waiter's face fell as he saw me coming, I figure that they were just clearing up and getting ready to go home. I was shown to a corner table and served a glass of water then the waiters just melted away. I was not served the warm local bread with the topping of the chef's choice as promised on the menu, nor was I even given a menu. I had to flag down one of the waiters who had been studiously ignoring me since my arrival in order to get a menu at all.

I plumped for the Astoria salad with no dressing as I am on a diet. I can't say for sure how Chef had prepared the salad but it tasted like he had bought a bag of salad from Aldi and poured it onto the plate although to be fair the steak and mushroom tasted very nice.

Still I must say that I don't mind indifferent food and poor service in a restaurant. It makes me feel better about not leaving a tip.

Next morning before breakfast I went for a swim and a sauna. The pool was OK, if a little small but the Sauna wasn't working, nor was there any soap in the showers in the men's changing room.

Breakfast next morning was OK but as it cost EUR 17.50 it wasn’t really very good value. To be fair the staff were very pleasant and the hotel was well presented but I have stayed in better hotels for less money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andy C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Monchengladbach hotels

delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice Hotel and nice location...............but for price they charge they dont provide buffet breakfast, no free wifi and no coffee/tea as compared to the other hotels in Germany...............i would recommend this hotel for a business traveller and not for families...............staff not that warm................

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank docmv
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear docmv,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. We are delighted to know that you found both our hotel and location nice. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation especially with our rates. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Sant Pere de Ribes, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice hotel, with confortable rooms. Everything is really clean. the beds are very confortable, and the room is big enough.
The situation is perfect, only 5 minutes from downtown.
THe pool and the sauna are not the best.
Breakfast is good, with variety of options

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Here with touring party from Australia. Our first experience with the Hotel was a bit of a let down as the card entry for the rooms would not work. Had to get fixed 5 times before I could get in but does not help when you have been allocated top floor. One of our party just had to go without and rely upon another to get entry. Maybe our party was too big for them. Besides this rooms were a good size and full breakfast option was great. The town did not do anything for me so went down to Dusseldorf on Sunday afternoon to the Rhein and that was great. Good recommendation for something to do being a short 20 minute train from central station. Overall Hotel service and facilities gets a average tick only. Note there is a highly recommended Wine & Meal Bar near the Hotel called 'Mikes Bar'. This is a must!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends