“A disaster”

Neighborhood: Gladbach
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A disaster”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

After eating at La Pampa in Paderborne and being very impressed I thought that this one would be a safe bet whilst staying in MG. How wrong was I?

I honestly thought I was in some German version of Punk'd. I should have guessed that service wasn't going to be hot when I arrived. The waiter simply wasn't that interested, so eventually I found myself a table (there were plenty to choose from as there were only 8 other diners in there).

Eventually I was offered a menu and the waiter disappeared for about 15 minutes. When he returned I ordered wine and a steak. About the time I came in a table of 4 had just sat down. By now they'd been given bread and had nearly drunk a bottle of wine they'd ordered.

I waited a little longer and their starters arrived. (I had not ordered starters). After about another 10 minutes my glass of wine appeared. I pondered the days events until I could ponder no more so started to play my games on my iphone.

The table of 4 now had finished their starters and the waiter whisked their plates away, offering more drinks. My glass was now empty, and I was bored.

Their mains arrived and they tucked in. It did look nice but I was beginning to wonder if I'd dream't the whole ordering process up. Eventually I caught the waiters eye and I ordered more wine and asked him where the hell my dinner was.

Eventually another glass of wine arrived and after an hour and 30 minutes from ordering my steak arrived - Burned to a sizzle. Tough and grissley.

Never again!

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank TheBounder

Monchengladbach, Germany
“Excellent....but”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Probably the best meat in whole Germany ... good service, atmosphere ok, maybe a little to dark, wine are BEST ( ask for George for details ) !

.... but :

1. AVOID THE BLONDIE GUY IN CHARGE .... is a disaster , IF you make an reservation for weekend ( between 20.00 and 21.30 ) you have good chances to wait for your table. The dude is helpless !!!!... he avoid you questions, don't have any answer ... he goes to check for the table and is 10 min later back. No excuse, no nice words.... Sy dude you SUCK !

Monchengladbach, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Expensive

Starlet84
“Excellent all round service”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Excellent food, atmopsphere and service. The meat is one word ...amazing