“Overal good venue, but crappy concessions”
Review of BayArena

BayArena
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Leverkusen
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I came here with a buddy of mine to watch Manchester United take on Bayer Leverkusen in UCL play. The stadium is pretty nice from the outside as we walked towards it. It was a bit weird though walking through a fully wooded park from the train station to get to the stadium.

Once we got there, we got to our seats then visited the concessions. I hate this Bundesliga system of having to buy a debit card to purchase anything. They charge you a ridiculous fee just for the card, but you can turn that card in after the match to get your money back. What they don't tell you is that the line to turn your card back in is ridiculously long.

Our seats were pretty comfortable and we got a great view of the match from behind the south end. The away fans were put into the corner to the left of us and they were loud & clear in their chants (of course it helped that they were dominating).

The food was alright here, but the beer sucked. They only had bitburger even though their signed said they had kolsch. Also, no one here seemed to really speak English or at least pretended like they didn't which I was really surprised.

1  Thank liquidmj
There are newer reviews for BayArena

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went to see Leverkusen beat Augsburg 2-1 in October. The atmosphere was decent enough for one of the Bundesliga's smaller ground and the people were really friendly so I'd recommend going.

On the Sunday because we had some time to kill before our flight home we prebooked an English stadium tour.

I can't speak highly enough of the tour, for 10 Euros the tour was an hour and a half, and after the initial repetitiveness about the club's corporate facilities you find out a lot about the club, get to go in changing rooms, dugouts etc and if you're a football enthusiast you'll definitely find out some interesting stuff.

Surrounding the ground there isn't much but we stumbled upon an excellent supporter's bar nearby on match day. It is really close to the McDonalds on the main road.

The match ticket was only £10 as well, amazing value.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I actually went to the stadium way back in 2006 for what was then a Uefa Cup game & I travelled over from London supporting Tottenham Hotspur F. C. I just feel compelled to write a quick review even after all these years as it was such a great experience.

Before the game we went into a few pubs & the BL fans were buying us drinks, really generous people, very friendly & unusually no animosity. Once inside the stadium it was such a relief, it was a very wet/cold day & they had these awesome heaters up in the roof that were quality.

We got the train out from Cologne which was easy, general stadium staff/stewards were really good with us, the facilites were clean & I thought it was great value for money. Great venue!

1  Thank MadeInLondon82
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Enjoyed every minute spent on the stadium. As a football fanatic, it`s a great place to be. Make sure to buy ticket only from authorized sellers. Had problems due to ticket bought via third party websites.
Close to the Leverkusen Mitte train station, easy to reach.

1  Thank CorbulAlbastru
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went all the way to this stadium to watch a Bundesliga match between Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Muenchen and the experience did not disappoint. To get to this arena does require a bit of a walk from the Leverkusen Mitte station but as long as you follow the signs, or ask around, you will get there. The ticketing staff was friendly as she helped me choose a great seat even though I bought the ticket at matchday! The atmosphere was great with the Leverkusen die hards at the Nord Kurve and the Bayern fans on the away section exchanging chants. The local fans were friendly and the venue is great! Not so big (around 30k capacity) but seats in general are close to the action). The match itself was fast paced, lots of attacking football by the visiting team. Overall, watching Bundesliga live is a must for football fans!

1  Thank HenryOnly