“Very good value hotel with excellent service”

Ibis Budget Koeln Leverkusen City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Leverkusen
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Staff friendly and helpful. Value was incredible. For a short business trip and one or two night overnight stay for the Leverkusen then this is excellent. The train service to Dusseldorf Messe is a bit spotty from Leverkusen and it is actually as quick to drive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Awrgh

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were the first occupant as the renovation had just finished earlier that day. Except for a minor problem with the door with our initial code and the fact that the receptionist ignored the fact that we explained to him that the duvet in our room was a single and not a double. The room was clean, quiet and warm so we had a good night sleep. I will definitely go back...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
An Accor traveler
Den Haag
Reviewed August 15, 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
lund
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We called to be sure that a room for disabled person would be booked. The person on the phone assured us that there were no problems. When we arrived, we realized that they had no room at all adapted for wheelchair, no access possible to the bathroom. It was a shame!!!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
An Accor traveler
Randers
Reviewed July 10, 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! I had originally booked to stay for 8 nights as part of my world cup travels. But upon arrival I soon realised I would be leaving asap.
I arrived around 3pm and as expected the reception was closed so I used the automatic check in machine. That process waas fine...well until...I got to my room which was on the ground floor right at the end of a dingy corridor right next to the fire exit/door that was actually permanently unlocked (very unsafe people could get in and out of hotel with out been seen (no cameras other than at front entrance). Then I step into my room and greeted by a vile smell, turns out it was a smoking room and the walls were turning yellowy/black. So I decided I wanted a non-smoking room and on a different floor to be away from the unlocked door on corridor. SO at 5pm when reception opens I request this. And man goes oh well only if your room hasnt been used....as it happened I had literally sat there in the room waiting for reception to open so after the man checked the room he then moved me to the 3rd floor non-smoking room. However little did I know there is no lift and I had 28kg of baggage with me, which the reception did not offer to help carry up the 3 flights of stairs!! VERY RUDE!
After dumping my bags in my room I went to find a supermarket to eat after lots of travelling and it was upon my return to the hotel room THAT THE HELL BEGAN!! I go to unlock my room and discover a note pushed through door saying 'are you free tonight you look very beautiful to me I want to have sex with you..accompanied by a mobile number' So I inform reception who basically said they have no cameras along the corridors only at entrance but that the note was unacceptable WELL DUH! So fearing for my safety as I knew reception closed at 10pm and anyone could wander the hotel after that I decided to lock myself in my room placing my suitcase and a chair behind the room door to prevent anyone entering. I was a very scared 22 year old female at this stage. I then proceeded to search for other hotels online and cancelled the rest of my reservation.
Turns out this was a good move as the next day when departing another note was attached to my door asking to meet me at 9pm for sex and again with a phone number. I report this to reception upon departure (female staff this time on duty) she was actually cleaining a cupboard and asked to speak to her (in english) to which she blabbered away in German and made me wait (VRY UNHAPPY especially as I was edgy in the premises as anyone in the breakfast bar could have been the guy stalking me)!! When the staff member does speak to me she doesn't seem to care she just said she was already made aware of the issue the night before and didn't even bother to say bye to me. AWFUL!
Even if I hadn't had these issues the rooms themselves are not good. The bedding was filthy full of dustmites and riddled with dust I didn't stop sneezing the whole night and woke up with bites on my legs and also tiny television which did not work properly, poor lighting, very tiny shower/toilet facilities and hotel overlooks a main road.
Even though it is only 39 euro per night I believe it is better to pay more and stay somewhere in Cologne as there are no decent hotels in leverkusen and nothing to do there other than the football arena which was my reason for visiting.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank aussie_dreams2011
kocaeli
Reviewed July 6, 2011

It is easy to understand that in an economic hotel like such, no extra comfort would be expected but; the design of the room is very strange to us actually, for instance; the wash stand would be inside the bathroom or near bathroom in a completely closed section. It is usually not possible to find slipers in most of the hotels but at least there should be shampoo in the bathroom in a small pack. this was the first time I stayed in a hotel without shampoo and soap in the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leverkusen
Ibis Koeln Leverkusen
Hotel Continental
#46 of 79 in Bonn
Brauhaus Manforter Hof
#8 of 19 in Leverkusen

Been to Ibis Budget Koeln Leverkusen City? Share your experiences!