“For veggie fans”

Ranked #18 of 816 Restaurants in Essen
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Südviertel
Description: When Zodiac opened in 1987, it was surely ahead of its time: Purely vegetarian, only using organic ingredients. Over the years it has become one of the most loved vegetarian-vegan attractions in the region and beyond. But it offers far more than a unique food and beverage selection. Run by a family that values a welcoming and warm atmosphere, it is a little oasis that allows you to mindfully relax and enjoy.
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Its the place to check if you are veggie fan in essen. We tried the vegan pizza which was soooooo good you could hardly guess tha there was no chwese on it. Anyway the prices are reasanable and the food is very taste.

7  Thank grantica79

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Every October, my colleague and I attend the Essen spiele fair and we eat at the zodiac twice during our 5 night stay. It is that good to go back to. All the ingredients are super fresh and the TLC they take in making the food is obvious from presentation of the dish to the actual meal itself. The owner is a super, super nice man who clearly loves what he does. I travel a lot and must say this is my favorite vegetarian restaurants I've eaten at.

8  Thank finnybinny
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Original decoration, tasty food. Try stuffed pepper or lasagne. We were short of money bu had a very nice dinner for 33 euro for 2 of us.
One problem - it's located near the city center and when we arrived about 21-00 we couldn't find parking easy, left a car in about km away so it took us more 30 min to get there (fing a park lot and then walk from there).
But very pleasant atmosphere made a meal perfect!
P.s. these candies are with ginger

8  Thank Yana8090
Reviewed October 23, 2012

A wonderful place, very original and tasty dishes, an unique atmosphere, a very gentle keeper. Who needs more...? Here you van also have vegan meals.

8  Thank Fababa
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went this place with my bf ytd. When we first went in we saw alot of buddism decorations. The restaurant is noy big but i personally think that it's well decorated. The place got a unique scent , make us feel very relaxed. Although the seating is abit packed but no big deal.

I love horoscopes that's why i found it o be very interesting to name the pizzas according to horoscopes ! I had Wassermann (aquarius ) , found it not bad !

Btw, almost every dishes here are suitable for vegan !! :) i'm not one of them but be a vegan once for a while is healthier no ? Haha.

Worth a visit !