See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times when in Essen on business on a bed and breakfast basis. Each spacious room is individually designed with high quality furnishings some with basic cooking facilities. There is a self check in process which works fine and staff are responsive and helpful. The only downside is that it is on the corner of a busy road so sometimes can be noisy when trying to sleep !..... however I would defiantly recommend it if you want an alternative to traditional hotels......

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The room was nice, a little bit dark and it was noisy. the bed was good,
The breakfast was solala
To get the key was another experience. No one in the hotel. At the end we were 3 couples standing in front of the door waiting, that somebody opens it - around 3 pm !!
Really nobody was there.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Small is beautiful...When you open your eyes before really waking up you might think you are in a friend's house, thanks to the tasteful decoration. When you have enough second best experience with 'five star open Buffet breakfast garbage' you appreciate the variety at breakfast served with fine details. Good quality cold cut and cheeses, good tea and coffee, warm bread and many others to follow. All served attentively. No more the feeling "either I eat the low quality food at that buffet or they all will be delivered to the pig farm anyway ".

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2017

I was visiting a friend who lives just a street away from the hotel and, therefore, for me the location was a great plus. I had great expectations about the place, though, I must admit I was disappointed by a couple of aspects. Accessing the building/getting the room key was very easy and quick. Once in, I realized there was nobody around to help me with my luggage (I had quite a lot as I had been at the Messe for three days attending a company event). I had to make two trips up the stairs with my cases. The room was lovely with a great big bathtub, very comfy bed, etc. However, there was a rather foul smell throughout the building and room. The number of air fresheners everywhere was a bit of a giveaway...At some point, I wasn't sure what it was worse, the pipe-like smell or the air freshener so I ended up putting the latter inside the cupboard! Breakfast was ok. Nothing extraordinary, though, plenty to get you started! The first night my TV stopped working (no signal). I was pretty exhausted from the company event and I didn't call anyone about the TV, though, there is a number to call for assistance. I was disappointed with this as I was looking forward to a relaxing evening at the hotel. The next morning I wanted to do some work before meeting my friend. I hung the "do not disturb" sign on the door so housekeeping wouldn't come in. However, as I am sitting on the bed with my laptop this guy knocks on/opens the door and completely ignores the sign! Then at around 5am this couple comes in. They must have stayed next door to me. They were SUPER loud. I could hear everything. They kept the loud chat/laughter, etc. going until pretty much 8am when I left. Also, even though the room was beautiful and it had a great bathtub, there was no bath soak or anything to allow you to enjoy a bath. I think it would have been a nice touch to provide that (as well as the 20 tiny bottles of shampoo/body lotion) as I normally do not travel with such thing just-in-case i have a bath in my room :-) So, would I stay here again? Maybe if I'm travelling light and I remember to bring some bath soak with me...

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Silvieinlove
Reviewed December 16, 2016

I arrived late and had to phone a contact number (posted on the door). The person who answered talked me through a process which got me my key in less than 15 secs using some pretty cool technology. Was in my room in less than 5 mins of arriving at the hotel. Room was outstanding - very clean and great design features. Big, walk-in shower, large tub and fully equipped kitchen with coffee, tea and mini-bar. Separate lounge and bedroom too.

Complimentary continental breakfast was comprehensive - cheeses, fresh bread, fruit, cereals and fresh coffee.

Staff were available/responsive but didn't hover over you. Excellent value for money too.

Room tip: Recommend the suite on the top floor
Date of stay: December 2016