All reviewsmin walkbreakfast buffetnice hotelstrassereception
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

It was serendipity at work. I really did not intend to book this hotel. But because of heavy demand in and around Essen. I was forced to look for options beyond the city center. This hotel is though not very far from the hauptbahnhof Though not walking distance from it. For access to the u bahn oneheas to walk for 10 min to a Ruttenscheider strasse. Plus is the hotel offers cycles on rent for free. Eating out options are a lot once you reach the Ruttenscheider strasse. The rooms are small but comes with minibar and coffee maker. They more than make up for anything else with large hearted service. The room was hot on a summer evening and they arranged for a portable AC right away. On another occasion the lady in the front desk really helped me to get an urgent print out. The breakfast is good. There's a restaurant also open in the evening only. I tried the Thai curry and rice and it was quite good.
Essential Sud station is 10 min walk.
Since the hotel is facing the road , I would suggest rooms o5 the backside for quiter environment . I did not experience any negatives to mention.
All in all nice hotel and staffs are always with smile on the faces. Keep it up!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
BWYpsilon, Manager at Best Western Hotel Ypsilon, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear Shibasis,

that you very much for this wonderful comment here on TripAdvisor.

We would be very pleased to welcoming you soon again at your Bet Western Hotel Ypsilon.

Ralf J. Hoffmann
Host

Reviewed July 27, 2017

It's a great hotel, the staff are very polite and really professional, rooms are extra clean and organized, every service is done with attention to details. morning breakfast is nit to be missed, and the food served in the restaurant is very good.

Stayed: November 2016
Ralf H, Manager at Best Western Hotel Ypsilon, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Dear Bilal: Thank you very much for you appreciation of our staff and services provided. We would be very pleased to welcoming you soon again at the Best Western Hotel Ypsilon.
Host

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

I cannot fault the staff at this hotel. Check in and reception was very fast, efficient and helpful. An under ground carpark is available but my 4x4 looked a tight squeeze so i parked outside the main entrance which is not an issue. Breakfast is on for a long time so theres no need to rush after a heavy night.

The hotel is 10 minutes walk away from some great little bars, we can recommend Fitzpatricks Irish bar. Also 10 minutes from great restaurants and McDonalds if you want fast food.

We spent a weekend here for a festival. I would 100% stay again.

The only negative is the rooms are very hot if you do not live in the area. Maybe a fan could be an option?

Otherwise great staff, facilities and stay.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve,

thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor - please excuse my delay in answering you comment.

For the "hot season" we do offer mobile air condition facilities as well as fans - just ask your hosts at the reception.

It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you again at the next festival here in Essen.

(Host)

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Found myself back in Essen, so of course back to the Ypsilon. As usual I wasn't disappointed. A great warm, friendly welcome, a comfortable sleep, relaxed atmosphere, and the best Sunday breakfast available. All coupled with a relaxed late check-out. These guys know what their guests need and work to that agenda rather than to their own as most hotels do! I'll be back very soon!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Ralf H, Manager at Best Western Hotel Ypsilon, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Dear Irish_Traveller085:
What a great compliment! Thank you very much - please let me know, whenever you will return to the Ypsilon, I would be a pleased to welcoming you personally.

Best Western Hotel Ypsilon

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

I'm no Tony Curtis but I feel like a Jack Lemmon for staying here. Be warned there is no air conditioning and boy it's warm. The curtains were closed to keep out the heat and opening the windows lets in the street noise.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business