See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2017

I was in germany with my friend Mike the Communist (US ARMY RANGER)

Me and the communist dipped into Germany on our motorbike for the unrestricted freeway and strong hot dogs.

Duisburg is pretty cool there is a lot of 'History" here.

We particularly enjoyed the convenience store which is a bit like a Seven Eleven with like 8 windows 98 computers in it and some coca cola. It might of been some sort of cell and we weren't suppose to go in there but there was not US marshal service to inform them.

On walking around the city i see Mekiles influence truly making Germany Great Again. Me and the communist had separate rooms as the fall in the EURO made them practically free.

I didn't see any table top dance bars in the local area.

Also something to watch McDonalds won't take AMEX. And none of your cards work in ATMs. so you have to to a foreign exchange joint and "come to an arrangement" with the owner.

I give this city a 10/5 for hospitality and the fear factor.

Gratsey

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is convenient and clean but we were on the 5th floor and had no water in the room on two occasions in the mornings. I told reception after the first day and was disappointed that nothing had changed on the second day. It's very frustrating to wake up and try to have a shave only to find out that there is no water coming out of the taps to finish the job!

Whilst the room was clean and the free wi-fi was good there was no bottle of drinking water in the room and no coffee maker etc.

Overall if you need a clean bed next to the station or in the centre of Duisburg then it's ok, but otherwise I would look elsewhere

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I was booked here by my company travel service. There was no other hotel with rooms in the area. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised. Not much to see on the outside, but quite nice and clean inside. All employees were very friendly and helpful. Best of all, there was a/c that I could control from my room! I will advise that you bring your own soap and wash rag. Also, if you need to iron, there isn't one available to be sent to your room. You will be sent to a service closet on the 4th floor where this an iron and board you can use there. Simple, clean hotel that definitely worth giving a try.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2016

The hotel is located right outside the main entrance to the central station. This is very convinient when you arrive to Duisburg via train, and there is also taxi, bus and tram located very close.

The hotel itself is very average. You get a cheap feeling when you enter the room, which also has a very small bathroom. The bed was a little too soft for my liking. They have free wifi, but this is veeeeery slow. You'll have to pay to get a good connection.

The night portier makes a very nice coffee, but unfortunately doesn't know how to charge it to the room, so you'll have to pay cash.

But the hotel i not expensive, and I would come back again another time.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2016

Great hotel, nice staff, good wifi, tasty breakfast.
But that feeling, when you take a shower in a nice hotel and take a fresh towel to wipe your face and realize that two different kinds of long hair have stuck between your lips ...
I found parking easily, but got a ticket 2 minutes before the expiration of my parking time. Someone was obviously waiting for me and decided that I would not come back in time. Seems like the Duisburg authorities don't want people with foreign licence plates to come back to this lovely city centre ...

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com