“For The Price I Paid This Really Could Not Be Beaten, Great Hotel And Friendly Staff.”

Wyndham Duisburger Hof
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Duisburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hotel Is One Of The Best In Duisburg, And Is Very Central, Being Next To The Theater, Staff Couldn't Do Enough For You, Rooms Were Very Clean And Well Presented. I Would Have No Problem With Stopping Here Again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I very much liked this hotel. It tries to meet international luxury standards, but does note lose sight of what makes this hotel the Duisburger Hof: The industrial characteristics that have shaped the region. One sees murals of miners and pithead frames and is reminded of what the coal and stell industry meant to the region, being the major provider of employment for decades.

My room had a beautiful view of the opera house, it was spacious and light, and had a pleasant atmosphere. The bathroom was modern and elegant. Overall, very much enjoyed my stay here.

Service was also excellent, with everything from an ironing board to extra coffee or milk brought to the room at once.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the opera square for a beautiful panorama.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here several times for business. It has a good location, only minutes to walk to the centre of town.

The rooms have all undergone refurbishment with the corridors all having a 'historical industrial' feel. The dining room has also been refurbished (very recently) and you no longer feel like you're having breakfast in a corridor, but instead in a very grand ballroom.

My stays have also always included a free drink voucher for the bar, but it not sure if this s standard or not?

Room Tip: Floor 5 is the top and some/all (I'm unsure if all or not) of these rooms have slanted windows a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. I understood that it was recently updated.... Room is very nice, and the bath (shower) is beautiful! Really give you the feel of a luxury touch :) I did find the bed not too comfortable - as it is a little "soft" for my taste, as we'll as the pillows. Yet - it is clean and nice set up. As I didn't need my room to be cleaned, I've put the "do not disturb" sign on the door... I was surprised to find a set of towels inside a bag - hanged on the door knob. VERY PLEASENT SURPRISE! And it actually happened 2 days in a row :) so they won my vote. Liked also the breakfast that has a mice (and rasty!) variety. Overall - great pick if your'e in the area!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Gilad I
Reviewed April 3, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I don't know how anyone could ask for more. Comfortable beds, quiet room, lavish buffet breakfast, international newspapers, staff spoke good English. Perhaps the room temperature wasn't very high, but I preferred it that way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank concertoitaliano
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Marc, Laura, Lia S., Jon C. - these are the names of the staff that I remember for being incredibly helpful in completing my day to day tasks. Marc and Laura went above and beyond when they decided to help me pay a parking ticket to the city of Duisburg ( Marc actually took care of it for me and they both refused to accept a gratuity for the help!). I stayed in both the old rooms and the new rooms. If you want a large bathtub go for the old rooms and if you only need a shower go for the renovated rooms (which have heated floors).

Room Tip: I like the west side of the hotel. The rooms I stayed in were very quiet. I think the East side wo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business