“Great brewery- must visit”
Review of Im Fuchschen

Im Fuchschen
Ranked #9 of 1,909 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Traditional Germany brewery. Beware, your glass is always refilled/ replaced unless you say no! Everyone is so friendly and the food is fantastic value for money. Our meal was enough to feed three people and surprisingly cheap. It does get extremely busy so be prepared to wait for a table but it's worth the wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

after a little bit of testing, this place is just growing more and more on me. The Altbier they do is not as bitter as in other places, not as flat, not as watery... just perfect. The food is solid but very tasty too and should match everyone's expectations in terms of German cuisine.
The setting itself is very typical and nice (the christmas decorations were bringing some magic to the place) and the servers always very friendly. A warm place to go with friends and family.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent two days in Dusseldorf and we ate two times at the same restaurant....Firstly, the atmoshpere is very nice. You feel like being to a German Restarant. There are big table to share with other people...this is German mentality as well. The Restaurant was full but there were room for us cause its very big and there is no chance not to find a place to sit. The people there, guests and service, are very friendly. I enjoyed it a lot. The first day we ate the "schweinesteak" with "kartofelnsalat" and the "Hechschweine mit Kartofeln puree und rotkohl". Sorry about the writing of the German words but I am not German and I do not remember the exact names. The second day we ate "Gulaschsuppe" and "Schnitzel". We drunk the "altebier". I good say the highlights were the Gulaschsuppe and the Schweinsteak. The "Hechsweine" was huge, a bit dry though. I would go definately there again. Do not miss it! The prices are more than resonable!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were recommended to go to this well-know small-brewery/eatery by the people at our hotel and were sorry that we had bothered. By night it probably looks ok but by day it is grubby and un-appealing; we had a beer and left as we did not want to risk eating there. The menu consists of what the average tourist likes to think of as "typical German food" but modern German food bears no resemblance to the tired old offerings on the menu. The beer is ok and served in small glasses. The place is popular with tourists who want to enjoy a communal experience.

1  Thank joanb255093
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I visited with some German work associates and was treated to the usual German pub hospitality. The menu is not extensive but does have seasonal specials and the regular German treats. The meals are of a good size and probably should be shared so you have room for a desert. Not that there are any specific desserts I would normally look forward to. The beer is brewed on the premises and is very good. I like the way the staff run around with big trays of beer and are ready to replace the empty glasses on the table just placing another pencil stroke on the beer mat you have. The service was very attentive and it was packed all night on a Thursday. I would recommend this and will certainly return when I can. Great food and great beer.