“German cousine at its best.”
Review of Im Fuchschen

Im Fuchschen
Ranked #10 of 1,903 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good for companies to spent some proper time with delicious beer and best German cousine. Absolutely a must in Dusseldorf.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Im Fuchschen is like millions of others a brewery where they serve you beer out of 2 ml glasses so it is always fresh and feed you with the best of what germany can offer. There is simply nothing more uber German then a beer hall, to explain it in simple terms for people not so familiar with the german culture, a beer hall like Im Fuchschen is October-fest every day of the year. Now if Im Fuchschen is the best brewer is up to your preference, if you like dark or light beer; simply down to taste. Im Fuchschen is one of my favorites I have never been able to finish my food and I don't think I can ever remember leaving Im Fuchschen. Just one of the things you will have to do if you are not German. And how well they do it, keep it simple and fast, a mega feast of every animal there is. Trust me when I say, go smile and bring large pants, you might gain a ton or two, but hey! your hitting the town let yourself be spoiled!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Real german beer and food served in a great atmosphere. Simple with the two kinds of beer, rapid and organized waiters. Just the way I like it in Germany. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you are looking for a typical local brewery filled with local people, typical German specialities and locally brewed beer this is the place for you. Very large restaurant with Multiple rooms. The waiters are very active and run from a table to the other with a tray full of beers at all times. Quick service and reasonable price. Easy to walk to from the tube station in alttadt. A must go if you are in town.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had a great authentic meal, but the service was terrible. I travel abroad enough not to expect the same service in restaurants as you get in the States, since they don't work for tips, but this was definitely one of the worst service experiences I've had in a long time. It was a VERY hot day and the waiters were wearing full pants and shirts, so I can understand being unhappy, but in the service industry you shouldn't take that out on your customers. Only one of us really knows enough German to fully understand the menu, so he was helping the rest of us and the waiter didn't even try to help, he just stood over us making us feel pressured to order, even though the place was mostly empty. It's a good thing the food lived up to the hype, because we would have been disappointed indeed.