“Very good food. Definitey worth the wait”
Review of San Leo

San Leo
Ranked #77 of 1,845 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good food. Definitey worth the wait”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wanted to sit outside and had to wait for a table to open up. The quality and flavor of the food was excellent. The clientele were mostly local and that tells you something. Had meant to return because we really liked it but ran out of time. I do wish however, that they accepted credit cards. A minor inconvenience which we did not expect.

Visited July 2013

“Authentic Italian in Düsseldorf”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Pasta and soup are mild and well balanced taste like real Italian food. English menu and credit card are not available but service is excellent. Yum!

• Visited May 2013
Clifton, Virginia
“interesting variation in Dusseldorf”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Here on business and we went into old town to get my annual fix of schtolen from Hinkel bakery, you have not lived until you have had this. Hinkle people suggested this small Italian place just up the street. Decor is plain and you share tables as needed. The menu is hand written in German describing Italian food so we were totally lost. The waiter was nice but had limited English. We got lucky and saw a good looking salad go by and we both ordered it and I added a soup. Both were outsatnding. The salad was spinich with some duck and a light dressing. The soup seemed to be squash with salmon in it, yum! The table bread alone is worth the trip to this place. Would love to go again and try something else but one needs a command of German to get through the menu.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The only Italian Italinische in Dusseldorf”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

In terms of real "Itanianity", this is the only real Italian restaurant in Dusseldorf as far as i have taseted in all over the place (Of course there are tons of "almost" ones but not as Italian as this one).
Why? Eat pastas. They are all Aldente and taste almost the same as old Italian pasta dishes I loved in Italy (mainly Milan).
Eat Lamb, it is so delicious that it makes me forget the fact that I HATE lambs.
Eat Osso Bucco, this is exactly the same as what I loved in Milan (pity that they don't do Rissotto alla Milanese).
Drink Barolo, I have not come across the same qualitied Barolo at least in any other Italian restaurants in this village.
Staffs are friendly and real Italian.

The only catch is that you have to wait all the time... and they close like a month in the summer...

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Robert_Da_Urchin_Jr
England, United Kingdom
“Canteen appearance but high prices”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This Italian restaurant looks like a canteen. I had an uncomfortable seat on the end of a table sticking out into the gangway. For a vegetarian, the food (a pasta Arrabiata) was OK, but nothing special. The service was not particularly good. We had to wait long for food and the waiters ignored our requests for service.
I walked past it last time I was there. They have edible food, yes, but I will not bother again unless it is the only place possible.

• Visited December 2011