“Very nice sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadt-Mitte
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had some sushi/maki that was very good and an exciting creative dessert.
Service was impeccable and it was a very good experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The presentation was nice but in essence you pay for the quality of the ingredients. The preparation you could do easily yourself. So what sticks is the impression that you overpaid for a good quality meal. Wine was nice and although we originally were pushed for expensive wines, the sommelier provided me with a very good and friendly priced glass of wine. So they can adjust.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I rate three = average but it doesn't mean that Nagaya is an average restaurant, certainly not. Its a top Japanese restaurant with a Michelin star. However when I compare and not only with my other Michelin experiences, the final result is not quite satisfying.
Food served a bit in a show off mode while taste stays behind the look,
prices are almost incredibly high (wow! really!).
I can't say that the staff is not kind or is lazy, they are always in run serving people, but they also do not see what they should see - our glasses were most of the time empty (water, wine) and because there even was no eye contact, we were thirsty for the most of our visit.
Our food was very good but I would not say excellent, so I have to say that we did not do any special experience and so will not return again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We dropped in for lunch at Nagaya. After being welcomed by the very friendly staff, we were seated at one of the very comfortable tables - they have a bench/chair setup with the table inbetween, which we really liked. The entire place has a very calm and soothing atmosphere: a nice break between frantically rushing around Düsseldorf.

Our waiter, whom we had plenty fun with, recommended the bento box, which came in at 48 euros. The value provided with this mini-menu is incredible: you don't just get the immaculately prepared nibbles in the bento box, but a little amuse-gueule, soup and a dessert as well. Together, it adds up to what I can only describe as a full-fledged 3-course lunch - which makes for awesome value.

Of course, the soup was a miso - and I'm usually not a big fan of it. This one though - wow!

Up next, the bento box (see picture), which contained 12(!) different little dishes: from excellent sashimi and sushi to wagyu-rolls, tempura and an incredibly tasty salad with micro vegetables. I'm quite the picky eater, but I could not find a flaw in a single one of the mini-dishes in the box. All of them were incredibly well-flavoured and very well-presented.

Afterwards, a dessert was served - which was a nice finish to an impeccable lunch. If you're around Nagaya at lunchtime, treat yourself to this amazing experience :)

4  Thank dabutcha76
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've been here for dinner with some customers. 7 person total. We stayed in the semi-private room at the bottom of the restaurant hall. The place is very elegant and formal. The service was good and the food superlative. We had sushi, sashimi, rolls and tempura to the bursting point. We drank beer and water and we paid 720 euro + tip.

1  Thank D40489