“No time for tourists”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadt-Mitte
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place this evening for a meal, my boyfriend wanted to treat me to a steak, arrived and sat at table, waitress came over and greeted us in German and then figured out we were not German and basically slapped down english menu in our faces, we ordered , 2steaks, with side , bottle of cab sauv. You get free salad when you order a steak , and we asked for french dressing , it arrived our salad swimming in dressing, we dodnt think it was gling to be like That , maybe on the side. Our food arrived anf I devoured mine being very hungry , the bake potato was served with sour cream , my boyfriends steak haf frozen garlic butter on his which was not very nice. After our meal we were left for a long time , there was 2 other couples round us that were German and the waitress attended to them all the time. I forgot to mention we ordered a fairly expensive bottle of cab sauv. It arrived already open , she poured 2full glasses and the wine appeared to be corked. In all restaurants in every country, u are supposed to be brought bottle to table, shown it, opened in front of you , and a taster to see if you want It. We are so annoyed , we didnt cos a seen or complain it seemed hard work as we cannot speak German. Overall experience disaster, rude, ignorant staff , over priced steak house for wat it was. On leaving we said Goodbye both in English and German and got no reply. 85euro bill we left 100. Waste of money. So annoyed.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very delicious meat with one of the best bread possible in a steak house!
Only thing i was not happy about is that the carpaccio we ordered was soaked in olive oil, which i tought was a little too much for my taste but still delicious! Definitely will go back!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We chose this place because it seemed to be tourist friendly. It was busy and had nice decor. We were very impressed by the multi language menu. Thing went down hill when I asked fir a glass of water. The waiter said they don't give glassed of water and I must buy a bottle. Fine, not fair exactly but I didn't want to make an issue of it. Our 5euro bottle arrived. It was sparkling water. When I asked politely for it to be changed he started shouting at us, saying that we must pay for the new bottle. We were so embarrassed, people were looking, so I agreed. He continued to blame us saying that "german people drink sparkling water".... we are not german. The new bottle didn't even arrive so I asked another waitress eventually got some still water.
When the food arrived (or thrown On the table without a word) my Mum said that her steak was tasy and considered it good value. However my dish, chosen from the "vitality" section, was awful: A huge baked potato with a bland cream topping, accompanied by a few measly overcooked vegetables in a greasy white sauce, and a slice of garlic bread.... mmm healthy!!
After (grudgingly) paying we spoke to the manager about our dissapointment with the service. She was just as rude and ignorant as the waiter. She stared blankly and failed to apologize, then blamed us for not specifing still water. This is from a place that's supposed to be used to tourists!  Dining here really spoiled my day in Dusseldorf.

1  Thank Hungryhippy
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Fantastc food, steak n salmon was to die fir. Very busy, had to queue for 20 mins but service was very quick. All in all very enjoyable.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want to eat excellent steak this is the place. taste fillet steak.............................................