$231
$258
$106
$95
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$256
$227
$155
  • Room Service
Lindner Hotel Airport(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
$91
$143
$126
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsfree beercoffee machinethe main train stationeggs cooked to ordersmall hotelgreat personal serviceold townindependent hotelminute walksparkling waterwould definitely stay here againstayed for two nightstwo night staybeds were comfortablequiet streetlobby areavery pleasant stay
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a 4 night stay in the Max Hotel Garni and we totally endorse all the previous reviews praising this establishment. The hotel itself is not large but our room was very spacious, modern and spotlessly clean (as was the toilet / shower). The window in the room was covered by a voile curtain but adjacent to this window was a material blind (which on first look appeared to be the wall covering) - this slid over the window shutting out all light entirely.
Breakfast was a selection of fruit juices, yoghurts, bread/rolls/croissants, 4/5 different cold meats, 4/5 different cheeses, hard boiled and scrambled eggs. There was also a
bowl of fresh fruit which, unlike the experience of a previous reviewer, was totally fly-free.
Complimentary 24 hour coffee/beer/coke/water was very much appreciated.
The hotel is located near the station and it is approximately a 20 minute walk to the Old Town but the hotel does provide all guests with a travel pass for the local transport network. We used these passes to visit the lovely Schloss Benrath in the south of Dusseldorf (Tram 701).
We found Christian to be extremely helpful in every aspect.
The Max Garni may be small but in value for money, quality and standard of service it is outstanding - highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

A friendly, spotlessly clean and welcoming hotel.
We had a very modern clean and comfy room that did all we needed for our stay. The Hotel has friendly staff, excellent breakfast and is just ''out of the way'' enough to be quiet.
OK it may be on a side-street about 10 minutes walk from the station but its well suited for the old town and waterfront.
Try it, go on you know you want too....

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed June 11, 2009

At the time of writing this review, the Max Garni is the most popular hotel out of 239 in Dusseldorf. How can this be? It's not linked to any agency sites, it's located in a slightly run-down residential area and it only has 11 or so rooms. How can it be beating the big boys? In my view, it's all down to the care and attention taken by the management coupled with some amazing value for money.

Example one: I was tavelling alone but booked a double room just in case my wife decided to come with me this time. She didn't. On checking out, the manager insisted on only charging me for a single. When did that last happen to anyone in a hotel?

Example two: I skipped breakfast as I had work to do (using the free wi-fi in the room). When I went downstairs to reception to get a coffee (free from the coffee maker that sits on top of the FREE mini-bar!) at around 11am, there was still just ONE table laid in the breakfast room and all the breakfast items were still available (even the boiled eggs were still hot). I was stunned and slightly embarrassed at keeping them from clearing away - but very grateful for their thoughtfulness. Again, I have never come across this level of service in any hotel I've stayed in.

The rooms are simple but spotlessly clean and there's a nod towards stylishness but only the sort of stylishness that puts carpet on the walls. As long as you don't mind that your TV isn't flat screen and the furniture comes from IKEA then you won't be disappointed. In terms of location, it's very handy for the railway station and only a brief tram ride to the shops and the old town (using the free travel ticket supplied by the hotel that's valid for your entire stay).

You often read that "you get what you pay for" in reviews of the slightly cheaper or budget hotels, but in the case of the Max Garni it's not true - you actually get more than you pay for. 70 euros for the comfort and level of service you get here is exceptional value. I'll be booking in next time I'm in Dusseldorf.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank verchaixbob
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We decided to stay at the Max after reading the reviews on TA, we were not disappointed. We stayed for 4 nights with our 3yr old daughter We have family in Dusseldorf and have stayed in many hotels over the years. Max Hotel Garni is by far our favourite, this is due in no small part to the owner Christian. He was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and modern,they were made up each day and the chocs on our pillows a nice touch, especially when our daughter squealed with delight on seeing them!! Another nice touch was the complimentary drinks/snacks in the lounge which were available 24h
The breakfasts were excellent, (best boiled eggs I've ever had). The location is perfect for getting to the Hauftbahnhof (main train station) the Konigsallee (great shops) and the Altstdat (old town). we were also given travel passes which saved us a fair few Euros.the total cost of our stay was very reasonable.
We had a lovely time in Dusseldorf and at the Max.
Well done Christian.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Dabburs
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel when we were in Dusseldorf for Business. I did not expect very much but this hotel surprised me for the better. It is decorated simply and is fresh and modern. The rooms were large and spotless and the location quiet and also very convenient to the old town and the train station. It is about halfway between the two. The breakfast was good and the service was frindly and really helpful. A great stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business