All reviewsfree beercoffee machinethe main train stationeggs cooked to ordersmall hotelgreat personal serviceold townindependent hotelminute walksparkling waterwould definitely stay here againstayed for two nightstwo night staybeds were comfortablequiet streetlobby areavery pleasant stay
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed for four nights two of which were during a large exhibition in Dusseldorf and were therefore expensive ( we did recieve a discount without asking we were charged 70€ less than the quoted price a nice touch) the other two nights were reasonable
The room was extremely clean and comfortable with a coffee machine and WiFi
The breakfast was very good with a reasonable choice.
Petra organised an night out at the Theatre with a meal for us to celebrate my wife's birthday
The free beer, water and soft drinks was a nice touch as we're the free travel passes
As it is a small hotel the only downside was the lack of a residents lounge

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very friendly and cozy small hotel!!!!!The staff was willing to help us at any time. The breakfast was great, plus there was a coffee machine and refreshments for free available all the day!!!!!!
the girl working there gave us all the information needed to make our visit to Dusseldorf wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eliana46
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this lovely low key bed and breakfast for 5 days this month. Stayed in a double room. The service was very good, they provided a nice breakfast. Capuccino/expresso self serve machine was a nice surprise. There is a fridge stocked with drinks, water and beer that you can help yourself to. Hostesses leave at about 3 pm. You get your own key to open the hotel door after that. Petra, the hotel manager, was kind enough to arrange for a taxi for my very early a.m. departure. The beds were tiny, at least on my room, big enough for me but might not be for a larger than average person. Well situated, hotel is about a 10 minute walk to a main train station. The room as immaculate clean and comfortable. Free WiFi was nice. I felt as if I was staying with friends.

Room Tip: There is no elevator! But Petra helped me carry my bags upstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mary K
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay at quite a lot of hotels on short business trips and I certainly recomend this one if your passing through Dusseldorf.
I had a small single room which was adequate, furnished simply, very clean.
It had a Coffee maker in room and free Wifi.
The room ticket gave free use of public transport for the day of arrival and following day !
Its about 10min walk from station, through red light area but it is beyond that (and it wasnt obtrusive or a problem, I did not feel uneasy in the area).
Very friendly receptionist and to top it off...
FREE Beer !
A punch bag is in the corridor (if you have a stressful day) and all for a very reasonable rate !!!
Breakfast was basic continental.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mmuggeri
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just what we needed for one night in Dusseldorf.
It had everything you need for a short stay. A fridge with free beer and coca cola. Breakfast, little of everything that you need and it felt fresh. The rooms very good, free wifi in the room. You got a transportation ticket that was valid even in Dortmund where we went the next day. We ate lunch at the Essbar in the same house and it was very good also. Overall a good stay and I will stay here next time again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple