“Excellent Stay!”
Review of Max Hotel Garni

Max Hotel Garni
Ranked #28 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was such a sweet hotel! The room was so clean - and the bed was fresh and comfortable. The little candies on the pillow each day were also such a nice touch. Breakfast was simple, but very good. The staff was very nice, and very helpful in explaining how to get to train stations and interesting sights in the city. The free transportation passes were also such an awesome bonus, too! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a small and charming hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nannish

Reviewed April 16, 2012

In case you would like to be just 2-3 blocks from the main railway station and the same from down town, in case you don't pay so much attention in lobbies, big dinning rooms, etc. in case you are looking for a value for money, very clean and convenient place to stay when in Dusseldorf, do not hesitate. Stay there for sure!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank AthensADav
Reviewed April 10, 2012

we were a party of 6 that stopped in this hotel for 4 nights city break. it is situated near the train station. on arrival we were each given a free bus pass for local transport. All the rooms were very clean with everything you need. The beds were very comfotable and was cleaned every day. We all opted to have breakfast which was excellent. Also in the reception area is a coffee maker and small fridge which is regularly stocked with free water, soft drinks and beer.If you are looking for a place to stay in Dusseldorf i would highly recommend it and we would DEFINATELY stop here again.

Room Tip: all rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank janennis60
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel looks just like the user photos. The room is clean and I appreciate few little things which I was not expecting. The room has an umbrella, shoe polish sponge/simple sewing kit, and a luggage stand where we can put our bags on it without needing to put it on the floor. These 3 little things, to me, show the owner of this hotel puts thoughts to it.

The shower space is small but it is not a problem to me and I find the bathroom is very functional. Good water pressure and overall the bathroom is clean.

The free WIFI works and with good speed which is good. They offer free water, beer, and Coke in the lobby area which is very nice. In the morning, they serve breakfast. The selection is somewhat limited, but it is adequate.

The hotel is close to the train station. When you come down the train platform, take the exit by the Starbuck coffee shop or the exit close to the platform number 18-20 (the higher number).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Air747
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I were visiting friends in Dusseldorf and picked Max Hotel Garni based on reviews. We were glad we did. The hotel was simple smart and comfortable. The hotel had a simple, efficient but homely air. The bright green decor is quite striking but gives the place a fresh feel.

The bathroom - and indeed the whole hotel - was spotlessly clean.

The staff were very friendly (e.g. a minor mixup with our bill was fixed immediately without any fuss). We really enjoyed the breakfast which was simple and relaxed and well worth the money (I think 7Euro each).

The free local transport pass is a real boon and must have saved us the cost of breakfast each day (with a single tram ticket costing over 2Euro I think).

The location is good although the walk from the central station is (as with most station's in large cities) a little edgey. However the street the hotel is on is quiet and respectable looking. The hotel is only 10min walk from the Konigsallee (and a more pleasant walk than from the station!).

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that I wouldn't want others to think it is a "luxury" hotel. But in actual fact I would stay there again in preference to one of the luxury branded hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sekret_skwirrel
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Small hotel a short walk from the train station. Rooms are simple and clean, with comfortable beds, free wifi, and a smallish but adequate bathroom with shower. There's a lot of stuff available in the corridor for you to use anytime : a laptop with printer, a microwave, cutlery,ironing board, etc. Great touch! And a coffee machine and mini-bar with water, coke and beer which are all free!
The excellent Petra makes you feel right at home and is always ready to lend a hand with anything you may need. I was arriving late in the evening, and Petra sent me a mail in advance with instructions on how to get my key and how to call her if I had a problem. To make sure, she had left a note for me on the door as well!
Breakfast is limited but adequate, and Petra will be happy to cook some eggs for you.
The only issue was, you feel so much at home that you are over-careful about using stuff in your room and making sure you don't spill or dirty anything! And I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had a small problem with my shower area flooding due to a problem with the drainage.
All told, it was a good stay, and you will leave happy with no regrets about your choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sankar
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here recently for a work trip as it was close to where I needed to be. My sister and niece joined me (seperate rooms) and all three of us thought the hotel was excellent! We were met on arrival by the owner who gave us lots of useful information, including a free pass for the local transportation. The location is great for the main train station and was about a 20 minute walk to the Old Town area. Rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean! Breakfast was excellent and great value. The coffee maker in the lobby and the free beer were a very welcome addition. I had just come from an alleged 5 star hotel in Berlin and the service here was far superior - with free Wi-Fi.
Everything about the stay was excellent. Would definitely recommend the hotel, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family