Just came back from a long weekend with a few friends in Dusseldorf for the Christmas markets and stayed at the Burns Art & Culture Suites. Loved it and very happy with our choice!
We asked for a high room as Im a light sleeper and do not want people above me banging around, so glad I did! We were allocated 511 on the top which is a split level suite. 2 balconies, 2 tvs, large kitchen area, decent sized lounge and a very large bedroom upstairs. All mod cons provided. The heating system was good too so no worries there. Did not really use the kitchen as we ate out a lot but not much provided pots & pans wise so would not rely on this for all your meals. I just bought teabags, croissants, milk etc for the room so could have my own breakfast each day without spending a lot. Did not eat at the hotel's buffet but it looked good from what i saw.
Location is ideal, few min walk from the start of the city centre, and up to 15 to reach the Old town and river where most bars and restaurants are. Plenty of facilities around the hotel area too but more action in the Old Town. Hotels round there v expensive though so we were thrilled with our hotel, its price, size and location. It snowed alot when we were there so very happy to come back to our gorgeous warm suites.
Taxi was 18 euros from airport and traffic minimal in the city so easy to walk, get cabs or use trains. We went to an ice hockey game too which was so much fun.
Very easy city to navigate through. Not loads to do so a long weekend probably sufficient, but for the price was unbeatable. Would defdinitely recommend and happy to answer any questions if you have any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only one of the 4 star hotels in Düsseldorf - the BURNS Art & Culture - is this beautiful! The hotel affords a central yet peaceful location at the heart of the city. Very special interior architecture awaits in 33 spacious suites. Far from the sleek designer architecture, different furnishings and artistic styles converge here to create a unique atmosphere. Imaginative fittings made of natural woods from different parts of the world contrast with cool steel. Fine natural stone flooring replaces carpet and is also ideal for allergy sufferers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your BURNS Art & Culture reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burns Art And Culture Apartments
- Burns Art & Culture Apartments Hotel