“Perfect location in Dusseldorf atlstadt”

and 1 more site!
Altstadthotel St. Georg
Ranked #10 of 31 Dusseldorf B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel has an unbeatable location in the center of the old town, given it's price range.
The hotel itself has spacious rooms and friendly staff.
Lots of bars and restaurants right outside its doorstep.
The shopping area is also around the hotel.
Heinrich Heine Allee, and Koenigs Allee are just around the corner. A Subway station is also right nxt to the hotel.
The problem is that the room(especially the toilet) wasn't clean enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tamer81

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is just a regular hotel but what makes it special is the location. It is in the middle of the Altstadt, when you step out you are literally in the main street with the bars, restaurants, etc. So don't go here if you need any rest ;-).

We did not have any breakfast, staff speaks English, bathroom was old and looked dirty but wasn't really.

I would go here again if I went to Dusseldorf.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Roderoro
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very disappointed with this hotel
- Room very dirty
- Small room
- Bed very bad
- Poor breakfast
- WIFI connection very bad

I stay in this hotel during DRUPA 2012 with my family.

The main problem was that I requested to change the arrival day for one day after, I called the hotel they say it was changed, then I asked if they want a confirmation by mail.
She said…Ja bitte…
I sent a mail.
But anyway they charged me 119Euros and we left this hotel one day early as booked because all problems with the hotel and they charged me again 119Euros.

I pay 238 Euros more for the worst hotel that I stay ever.

They say that are 3 stars and should be 4 stars. In my opinion they are almost 2 stars.

In the entrance door of the hotel is a plate with the quantity of stars, are 3 stars valid until 2008.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Eduardo H
Reviewed October 6, 2011

According to the hotel's decription on its website I expected a plain but comfortable and clean hotel. How I was mistaken.
The carpet in the rooms and on the corridor looked like they haven't been cleaned during the last 20 years.
There was no lamp on the ceiling in my room, only a small lamp by the bed and a small lamp on the desk, so I had to dress and work in semi-darkness.
The promised WiFi was not working, the consierge told me that the last owner took all the WiFi boxes with him, that's why...
There was no glass for the toothbrush and no bath mat, only one towel. To top it all, I had a small cockroach sitting next to my toothpaste.
No major things, one might think, but added up they made quite an unpleasant stay.
The hotel is located in the center of the old town, therefore the taxi dropped me off one block away (so I had to carry my luggage through the rain).
Across the street from the hotel there are many karaoke bars and Irish pub whose guests had fun all night long (and very loud).
I cannot recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room facing the back, otherwise you will have to sing along the karaoke songs o...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ttvvuu
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Great no-frills hotel in an excellent location. Parking available in adjacent car park for 15€ per day. Can't be beaten for value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fiolar
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I loved this hotel in the old town of Dusseldorf, our only regret is that we couldn't stay another nite. The decor was modern but with a spattering of antiques placed around

It is located amongst the bars and shops and the entrance is a small door off the street connected to stairs and reception is a room to your right. Our room was at the back of the hotel so it was quiet but I would imagine those at the front could get a little noisy from the pubs below. Our room was very large, with a huge bed and clean modern bathroom. Our other room was similar. Breakfast, which was included was continental with meats, salmon, eggs assorted breads and juice tea and coffee. It was walking distance to many shops and the Rhein river was a couple blocks away. There was also a jazz concert going on the nite we were there. Hotel St. Georg is in a pedestrian district, but just about a block to catch a cab. Didn't have enough time to stay but would definately give it a second try if I ever make it back to Dusseldorf.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LeeAnneCanada
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This was a great find; a small family run hotel where the customer truly does come first.

I wanted to be in the heart of the Altstadt and this hotel certainly is. It's just a few metres from the entrance to the U-Bahn and from a well stocked taxi rank. (However it's in a pedestrian area so the closest a taxi can get is about 50 metres away when dropping you off). Obviously, I was concerned about noise from the nightlife but it wasn't even noticeable from my room (104), albeit at the back of the hotel.

Check-in and check-out was friendly and simple with the emphasis being on what I needed. With a very early start on the day I left, I was asked if I preferred to check out the previous evening and then just leave the key.

My room was huge, clean and comfortable. A large double bed - in the usual European configuration of two singles pushed together - with nice duvets and very soft pillows. There was also a sofa (which I think was a sofa bed) and a decent-sized desk. There was a small TV (with CNN) on top of a very well stocked mini-bar. The only slight negative was the lack of overhead lighting, especially in the entrance area, which made packing and unpacking a little of a "touchy-feely" experience. The hot water sometimes needs to run awhile before it gets to full temperature but eventually it does.

Breakfast (only) is served in a small restaurant by reception. A very nice contintental breakfast of cold cuts, cheeses, smoked salmon, eggs, fruit, fresh bread and croissants. There's fuit juices, good coffee and a selection of teas as well.

Allround, a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business