InterContinental Dusseldorf
$96
$82
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
NH Duesseldorf City Nord(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
$70
$66
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Dusseldorf - Hafen(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
$65
$87
$125
$121
Travelocity
Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
  • Bar/Lounge
1,032 results
All reviewsthe club loungeholmes placeold townhealth clubdesigner shopsroom serviceperfect locationnice lobbyshopping streetexcellent hotelexcellent stayexecutive roomcomfortable roomslate checkhotel barmodern hotelper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Friendly welcome, with parkingvallet, nice furnished rooms, well equiped, nice lounge to drink a coffee, excellent breakfast buffet, moderate roomrate for such a well placed and designed hotel.
Around the hotel you have a large choice of excellent restaurants and is also close to the old city and Rhine promenade.

Room Tip: Take the small suite
1  Thank Peter V
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Peter V,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Dusseldorf. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my first stay at the Intercontinental in Dusseldorf. I travel a lot through Germany and my first impressions at this hotel were good. A well appointed room with very comfortable bed. Unfortuantely, what held so much promise; disappointed so much.
Arriving late, I ordered Wiener Schnitzel to be delivered to the room. I was surprised to see a garnish of Anchovies, but the Schnitzel actually tasted like eating fish.
I had a room on the 1st Floor at the rear of the property and whilst I'm normally not a light sleeper, the sound of the Trams going past my window all night wasn't great.
In the morning, I discovered the shower didn't work properly. The options were a freezing cold powerful rain shower or a warm drizzle from the handheld.
Final insult was the in-room iron didn't work, so I called for a replacement. 25 Minutes later, with no sign of a replacement, I gave up and checked out.
Clearly I was just unlucky with my room and meal choice - but for a premium grade hotel, I wouldn't expect such a disappointing experience overall. Sadly, it's put me off returning again.

Room Tip: Go for high up or somewhere away from the Tram line
4  Thank Mark G
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Parkview094,
first of all I want to thank you for writing your honest review, which I have read carefully.
Unfortunately you did not like the original garnish of our Wiener Schnitzel, that should contain a slice of lemon, an anchovie and capers. Originally this garnish was invented to stimulate digestion after enjoying a Wiener Schnitzel. We just need an advice to serve it without garnish.
I apologize greatly for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your guest room. We should have chosen a room with courtyard view to provide excellent sleep quality to you. There is also no excuse for the technical defects which you have mentioned. In the meantime they all have been fixed - due to your attentive notes.
I would highly appreciate to be contacted by you personally, in order to get the opportunity to find a way to compensate for your discomfort. Please feel free to contact me personally.
Maybe you want to grant us a second chance?
michaela.weisskopf@ihg.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I am very pleased with the hotel. It was 5 minutes to walk to the city center. There was free wifi with high speed in all floors. The room were new, and the bathroom was delicate and shining clean. My room were quite during the night, and there was no sound of traffic. The hotel had a nice lobby, with big chairs and sofas. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The only drawback, was the expencive breakfast, but we were recomended to have the breakfast at a local bakery (Batista or something like that), and that was well worth the money.
At last I must recomend the consigiere, who helped us with every question in a nice way.
My choice of hotel if I ever come back :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Hamar_Tripping

Dear Hamar_Tripping,
Thank you very much writing this kind review. We are so proud to provide the highest level of hospitality to all our guest. Our great location, a big variation of shopping facilities and a wide range of restaurants and pubs enable our guest to really enjoy their visit. Fortunately, many come back regularly. This gives us the opportunity to provide a very personal service.
Especially our Concierge Achim looks forward to welcome you back to give you some more recommendations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed a few times at the Intercontinental. Specific went the rate of the nearby Holiday-Inn isn't that much different for me then the Intercontie, then I prefer this of course the Intercontie.
Friendly and correct staff, nice but not too big rooms. Sometimes I had the luxury to have an upgrade. Even if there were disputes on the amenities, they acknowledge what I had on my side.
It is a personal taste, but I do like the interior reflecting a closed inner-space between buildings.
Done in a way that is doesn't look to bombastic. If I have to choice, then for me one of the hotels to stay. Some points for improvement
I am a value/price traveller, the breakfast is bit too expensive charged for what they offer. And at the end what one takes for a breakfast.

Room Tip: One of the rooms I stayed had great view. It is inner-city, so not much to expect on that.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank inetbas

Dear inetbas,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your honest feedback. Sometimes it feels like meeting up with old friends reading a review. I remembered your profile photo, because of the restaurant review you published in December.
At the moment we are focusing on our breakfast offer, with the aim of meeting exactly our guests needs. We still work on this.
Michaela Weiskopf

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel itself is very well-located and nicely appointed, though, like many higher-end hotels in Germany, it is a touch over-priced.

I stayed on the Club floor - the lounge is cool and the food was great - but the nickel-n-diming for the health club, internet, bottled water, etc. eroded my perception of value. If I pay 300+ Euro for a room, and am part of the loyalty program, I think it is reasonable to expect complimentary internet and access to the health club. [Charging for internet in 2013 is galling to begin with; it is in the same family as texting, that is, a superabundant commodity that is marked up 4000%.]

Check-in was smooth-ish, check-out was quick, staff anticipate well.

1  Thank Michael F
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear MichaelF,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the experience to chose the club lounge.
I apologize for not providing an all inclusive package. Yes, you have to pay for the external health club, because we are not managing this on our own. But we provide FREE wireless internet with highest security standard to all our guest, which can be used all over the property. Only the high speed version is charged. In addition we provide 24/7 a mineral water bar located in the hotel lobby.