My husband and I stayed here for a few nights in November 2012. The staff were friendly and eager to help. The hotel had a great atmosphere.
Our room was nice - spacious, clean and modern. It was also very quiet. The bed was king-sized and extremely comfortable. The bathroom had recently been renovated and had a big shower with a rainfall shower-head and a separate over-sized bath.
The breakfast was excellent, one of the best that I have seen in a 5-star city hotel. Good quality food and plenty of choices for both healthy and splurge options. The hospitality staff were attentive and had been well trained. My only criticism is that on Sunday morning the restaurant just simply did not have enough tables for all the hotel's guests. Fortunately this did not effect us, but we were sitting near the restaurant's entrance and could see that the staff were repeatedly turning away guests as there were no free tables.
We had a lovely pre-theatre drink at "Bar 59". There was a big selection of drinks and good quality cocktails. The bar had a nice atmosphere. We had a late night meal at the "Pega" which was also good quality.
The location is excellent, right in the heart of Düsseldorf's shopping district and a short walk to the old town area. I have traveled to Düsseldorf on many occasions and this hotel is by far the best choice in Düsseldorf. Service, food and beverage all of a high standard. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Man sagt, es sei DAS HOTEL "FUR KUNST UND KULTUR" AUF DER KO...Denn wer das InterContinental Dusseldorf an der Konigsallee betritt, spurt sofort die moderne Ausrichtung mit der Konzentration auf zeitgenossische Kunst und Lifestyle: eine Artist Wall mit 33 Namen bekannter Dusseldorfer Personlichkeiten, wie Heinrich Heine, Max Ernst, Clara Schumann und Joseph Beuys, schmuckt das 40m hohe Atrium der Lobby. Seit der Eroffung des Hotels 2005 wurde kontinuierlich an Kunst- und Kulturinitiativen gearbeitet, um die lokale Verankerung mit der Kunstmetropole Dusseldorf zu festigen und als der ,,place to stay" fur Kunst- und Kultur weltweit wahrgenommen zu werden. Das Luxushotel auf der wunderschonen Konigsallee ist aber nicht nur aufgrund der besonderen Architektur und Ausrichtung Hot Spot der Stadt: auch kulinarisch hat es Vieles zu bieten, so das Restaurant PEGA und die stylische bar fifty nine, deren Cocktails und Latte Macchiatos legendar sind...An Wochenenden rockige Live Musik meist bis in die fruhen Morgenstunden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Dusseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dusseldorf Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Duesseldorf
- Intercontinental Hotel düsseldorf