Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Dusseldorf
$185
$240
$233
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
$95
$117
$113
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsglass wallold townnice hotelharbour areawalk along the rivercity centrebusiness roomrooms are modernbars and restaurantsrain showernespresso machinenice showernice breakfaststayed here for nightsbusiness tripbreakfast buffetreception staff
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a group stay at this property for a trade show and they all had good reports. Efficient service throughout. Breakfast buffet all you would need and espresso coffee included. Rooms modern and bright with large windows adding to the ambiance. Business Class rooms have Nespresso machines and nice big bathrooms with walk in shower. Desk layout good for working and internet connection easy and fast. Surrounding river district has some great restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. We walked back to the hotel from the centre of town in approx 25mins. An easy and interesting walk through some older parts of town.

Room Tip: Not sure on price differential but Business Class rooms were very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for two nights on business. We did not use the restaurant except for breakfast which was fair but not brilliant. All staff at the hotel were extremely competent and friendly.

The room was modern, very clean and a nice place to be though I expected the shower to be slightly more powerful.

The view out onto the road was bot inspiring but hey, I was here on business.

The area for me was perfect -right by the harbour. The company I do work for is in the process of relocating to the Mediahafen area of Dusseldorf.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 1 night in September 2013. This is normally the hotel we stay in when in Dusseldorf as we like the easy atmosphere and comfort of the hotel.

The rooms are spacious and modern, great beds, nice bathroom. I especially like their pillow menu, which truly has some great pillows, ask for it when checking in.
The room service menu is a bit limited, and it seems that the room service people had a different menu in front of them when we were ordering. A bit strange!
The only downside of the hotel: the glass door of the toilet. It somehow kills the romance a bit if you can hear each other go to the bathroom.
Further, when you are showering, the other person in the room can see you quite clearly, which is fine when you are there with your spouse, but maybe not so great when staying with a friend.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient as it is in the middle of the Media Harbour, with lovely architecture around. It is furthermore also next to the Rhine river, which is great for a morning run! I think the location is more useful if you are on business in Dusseldorf, although the city center is not that far away. We normally take our car to the center, but I think you can even walk it as well.
There are a few nice restaurants around, but also the restaurant in the hotel is nice. We actually never take breakfast in the hotel, as there is a very nice bakery just down the street with great sandwiches.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

First appearances of the Hotel were good.

On check in the service was great, and the receptionist very friendly. On arrival to the room, I was very satisfied with a very well laid out, large room, with quality finishes and furnishings. The room I had had a nice view of the tower and the courtyard.

The room was exceptionally clean and had all that a person could require: bottle of water, mini bar, marble desk for working, good storage and lovely bathroom.

Staying in the Hotel for 5 nights, my stay started badly with receiving two phone calls in error from reception at 4am, which was pretty unpleasant. I also had issues with the electrics in room 127 (Avoid this room!) two nights in row, whilst sleeping the lights suddenly turned on waking me up, initially I thought someone came into my room and Jumped out of bed, I turned the lights off, and again they came back on minutes later. It kept happening, and happened the following night to. This was very frustrating considering I suffered 3 nights of my sleep being affected.

I also had issues with the mini bar in which a previous hotel guest managed to eat 70% of the pringles from the mini bar, closing the lid and replacing it back on the shelf, wanting a quick snack on the first night I noticed this, and for the entire stay the cleaner did not notice it.....

The bathroom was also not well replenished with supplies, and on one of the days I had no soap to wash with.

I ate at the restaurant, and found the food and service to a high standard, and would recommend eating and drinking there.

Throughout my stay I had several evening appointments in the old town, the city, and some of the outskirts of Dusseldorf, however, I found myself spending a lot of time in Taxi's, with the average trip being around 15 minutes, and the longest 40 mins, which I found to be very costly when doing around 4 trips in the day. Therefore, if I was visiting Dusseldorf I would probably find a more centrally located Hotel in which I could walk.

However, the hotel does have around 20 restaurants in close proximity (2 - 5 mins walk) to the Hotel, therefore if you are not needing to travel around, then this is a great hotel to stay at for it's location.

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and the Manager on check out was very good listening to the issues I had experienced with my stay, and very apologetic, assuring me the issues would be resolved. This was more than sufficient for me, as I felt as a customer the Hotel do listen and strive to do their best, hence the overall condition of the hotel being to a high standard with good service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice hotel. Staff good except in the bar the waiter told my husband that he should order for the lady first as it is only polite! What he didn't know was that my husband had already asked me what l wanted to drink and l said 'nothing thank you!'

We had a Business Class room with very poor air con and ended up opening the window.

I am vegetarian so the choice in Dusseldorf was very limited unless you want to live on chips.

Old Dusseldorf was pretty and on a Sunday all shops were closed but rather pleasant bars and restaurants were open and l had the best apple strudel ever!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple