“DO NOT EAT HERE - if you don't want to get sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Leons' Tapas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leons' Tapas
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“DO NOT EAT HERE - if you don't want to get sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went there with six people to have a good evening. Experienced spoiled stinky old meat and reported this place to the food administratioin for control.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank dokkerboy

Dusseldorf, Germany
“Not a serious business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

A few months ago, I purchased a Groupon voucher for Leon's tapas. I tried to redeem it last week, and called the restaurant during lunch time several times, with no success. First warning.
I finally got there in person on a Friday evening to make a reservation. The restaurant was empty (only 1 table occupied). It was still pretty early (07:00 PM) but I found it strange as the other bars and restaurants in the neighborhood were already nicely packed.

Anyway, I went to talk to the only waiter in the room and told him I wanted to book a table for 4 persons. He immediately replied me he could not accept a Groupon voucher, although I had not even mentioned this. I asked why, and he said they were "overbooked". I asked if I could get a table during the week, and he said no : Restaurant overbooked until the voucher expires!
So, I am standing there, in a dead empty restaurant, being told that I can't use my voucher because they are overbooked. These guys have some nerve, I am telling you.
I kept my calm despite the humiliation, asked what I should do and they directed me towards Groupon to get my money back. I could have tried to explained that I was a future customer who could come back and pay full price, that word-of-mouth is important, that this attitude would ruin their reputation, but I was simply angry and I left.

I know there have been some controversies around Groupon, but sorry nobody put a gun on their head to make this deal. And the least they could do is offer some compensation for cancelling my voucher. You know, free drinks with a meal, a discount, free appetizers... something to make it up for the bad news. This just tells me how bad their customer service is.

I did not spend much time in the restaurant, but that was enough to realize the ambiance is dull as can be. They did not make any efforts to decorate the room whatsoever.
Obviously, I will NEVER go back there. I can't judge the quality of the food since they refused to serve me. But an empty restaurant on a Friday evening is never a good sign anyway.

• Visited September 2013