We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while visiting the Christmas markets. The hotel is not located in the center, but is easily reachable by either the S-Bahn or the tram network. The staff was very friendly: check-in was easy, as was check-out, and we didn't have any problems leaving our luggage at the hotel for a few hours on the day we checked out. Wireless is free in the public areas, and seemed to work reasonably well, and the hotel has a small bar which is convenient for getting drinks if you want to spend time in the lobby while online.
Breakfast was good, but can get very crowded. Regardless, they seemed to do a good job keeping everything stocked, even at the busiest times. They do not have hot food options for breakfast (bacon, sausages, etc), but have a good selection of breads, meats, cheeses, yoghurts, and cereals. In our case, breakfast came with the room -- if you have to pay separately, it's good, but don't expect anything grand.
The rooms are comfortable, but a bit small if you come as a family (in our case, two adults and two kids). There is one bed and one sleeper sofa, but when the sofa is out there is very little space left in the room. The shower worked well, and the hotel provided both soft and firmer pillows, which was a nice touch.
For us, overall, we enjoyed staying, and would be happy to return. Our only complaint would be that the room could be a bit more spacious, but that's a minor complaint in what is otherwise a friendly, conveniently located, good-value hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Express by Holiday Inn Duesseldorf North is a modern business hotel located within easy reach of the congress centre Messe Duesseldorf, the Duesseldorf Airport (DUS), the main railway station and the sport centres LTU Arena and ISS Dome.Both by car via the A 52 motorway and public transport, the hotel is perfectly connected to all business and leisure attractions like Jazz Rally in Duesseldorf. The Hotel Express by Holiday Inn offers accommodation for visitors to exhibitions like Gifa, CPD or IAM, for concert visitors like Pink Floyd or Depeche Mode as well as shoppers headed for the old town and Koenigsallee, art and design lovers enjoying the Media Harbour and sport fans cheering at football or ice hockey matches.The Express by Holiday Inn offers 150 comfortably furnished rooms with chargeable High Speed Internet Access, air condition, satellite and Pay TV, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, en suite shower, hair dryer, high quality beds and sound proof windows.We invite our guests to enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast buffet to get the day off to a good start, while in the evening our Lobby Bar is worth a visit to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf North Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express düsseldorf
- Holiday Inn Dusseldorf
- düsseldorf Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn düsseldorf