“Worthless. VERY poor food. Appalling service.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Amigo 'Primo Lopez'

El Amigo 'Primo Lopez'
Ranked #671 of 1,774 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Amersfoort, Netherlands
“Worthless. VERY poor food. Appalling service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I know, it is the Altstad, so I can't expect the best dining experience ever.
But our dinner at Primo El Amigo Lopez was one of the worst experiences ever. Please, please, please dear reader: DO NOT go here.

It is saturday evening, very nice weather, so everyone wants to eat outside. There was a real crowd, but since the place looked nice we decided to wait. We were 'lucky': a table was about to become available. However, another couple was also waiting for a table. The waiter had a solution: why don't you sit at one table? We didn't mind, neither did the other couple, so we sat down. Of course this caused all sorts of problems for the waiter who was actually serving our table: it took a few tries to get the drinks right.
We order soup and serano ham with melon as our first course. It took a while, but when it arrived it did taste pretty good. Not bad for a tourist trap like this. BTW, the other couple only ordered a main course and got it a bit earlier that we got our first course.

This is everything positive I can tell.
But as you understand, we aren't done yet: we need a main course. Well, after the other couple finished their main course, had some coffee and left, we were still waiting for our main course. We had been waiting for more then an hour. I started inquiring, and of course was about to be served. Not. I complained: they didn't care. They were only busy getting more people in their restaurant. When I finally said I wanted the check and they could forget about our main course, the food magically was on the table within a minute ?! No apologies, just the 'I don't care look and mentality' they had all night.
Now, this place promotes their Argentinean steaks. I don't know why and I don't know who's cooking in their kitchen, but this piece of crap can't be called meat. It was small, and my knife had serious problems cutting the meat. Horrible. And it tasted even worse. You guessed it: I didn't finish it. My wife's steak was slightly better, but didn't win any awards either.

And the price? Ridiculous! I hope this place goes out of business soon. I hope no other guests ever have the idea to have dinner here. The service is the worst I've encountered in a looooong time, and the quality of the foods? What food? That wasn't food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank robtk

Oslo, Norway
“Nice beef-restaurant in Altstadt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were a party of 9, this was our third time to El Amigo, which is supposed to be one of the best beef restaurants in Dusseldorf.
The restaurant was completely full. The starter, Tapas, came on the table almost immediately, but... The main course, argentinian beef, took 1 hour and 40 minutes! We concidered leaving. The meat in half of our portions were not good, and they have run out of french fries.
It seems like all things went wrong in the kitchen this day.
Previous experiences with the restaurant last year and befor have been excellent. This year, very high priced, bad experience!

Visited January 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate as a party of 5 late on a Saturday. We ate upstairs which is beautifully done out. Food was great, we ordered fillet steak, pork and shish kebab, all were done to our requests and enjoyed. My only moan is that the waiter didn't have much personallity but did his job thoroughly.

• Visited November 2012