“Excellent hotel in city center”
Review of Hotel Favor

Hotel Favor
Ranked #19 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent hotel in city center”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice hotel in city center just a few meters from Konigzallee, very comfortable and modern room, freandly staff. Great deal of breakfast choice, everything is fresh and tasty. One wekness - reconstruction in front of the hotel from 8 till 20, noisy and loud. But in spite of this I recommend it as a perfect hotel close to main shopping street of the city

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I liked this hotel upon checking in. It was located in a convenient location, a major shopping area and a 15 minute walk from the train station. I did notice a lot of construction near the hotel but as it was a weekend there was not a lot of activity. The sound-proofing in the room seemed fine. The hotel had a welcoming atmosphere, marble steps, a really nice breakfast room, and modern and clean rooms. The bathroom was a good size and the lighting was terrific. My only complaint of the room was the hardness of the beds as my shoulders and hands would become numb very quickly. The reason for my Poor rating has to do with the situation encountered after the weekend and the lack of management response. We were awakened around 6:00 a.m. by trucks pouring into the "platz" and unloading materials. After a while the building adjacent to the hotel and right next to my room had renovation starting. It began with hammering of some of the outside walls which continued for awhile but as I was going out, I didn't think much about it. The serious problem began upon my return to the room in the afternoon when jackhammering could be heard right through the walls. When it still continued by 6:00 p.m. I called down to find out if they had any idea when the extreme noise would stop. The front desk did not know. The noise continued and I called down again to be told that it would stop by 10 p.m. I indicated my dissatisfaction and wondered if there was anything that could be done, expecting that I would be offered a room change. Well, perhaps the hotel was full because I was only told that the reception desk was also bothered by the same noise and would call the police if the noise continued after 10 p.m. I expressed my hope that it would finally stop since it was so disruptive to my stay in the Hotel and that I would want to speak with the manager in the morning upon checkout. I was told that the manager would be left word and that I would speak with him. Unfortunately that did not happen. I would not recommend the Hotel Favor while all this construction and renovation is going on.

Room Tip: Stay away from 03 and 04 rooms while renovation is going on next door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JESVancouver_B_C_
Arad, Israel
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Needed a nice hotel in a convenient location for sightseeing during a 25 hour layover. Normally I do not spend as much as this hotel costs but it did not disappoint. Room and bathroom were in sparkling condition and well equipped including little fridge but not hot water kettle. Shower was fabulous and bed confortable. The only disappointment I had was I had requested an early check in but it was not available at 9am and they did not promise only said they would try. They did offer luggage storage and a public bathroom to use. The receptionist Vladi was fantastic. Our computer was stolen in Newark and he allowed us use of a computer, and recommended a faboulous Italian for dinner. He provided a very nice bag breakfast for the morning as we had to check out a 5am. He also ordered a taxi at a fair price which the driver kept to. Thanks again Vladi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed September 23, 2013

overbooked. The Hotel gave me one alternative hotel in the same region, the alternative was Central Hotel. You can compare Hotel Favor and Central Hotel yourselves, they are not similar. The hotel also wanted me to pay the difference in price, since the other hotel was more expensive. I complained about the alternative hotel and was promised that the hotel manager would call me the next morning. The hours went by and I didn’t hear anything from the hotel so I wrote them an email that I was expecting their phone call. Later the following night at 21.30 local time I got an email that they had “one final” alternative an airport hotel outside Düsseldorf and that I had 15 minutes time to accept. After a long workday I was of course already sleeping. The hotel made 2 mistakes, they allowed overbooking of rooms and it took them 10 days to inform me of this. Because of the trade fair in town, all hotels are fully booked. If I would have been informed earlier I could have reserved an alternative hotel in the same region, but now it’s impossible. In my entire life I have never got service this bad from any hotel, and I’ve traveled a lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joachim M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is a great base for shopping in Dusseldorf. It is on a small square with interesting new buildings and one old one. It is near the tram stop and right by the Konigstrasse and three shopping malls. The hotel is very new and small but well-run with excellent staff. The breakfasts are very good and served over a decent three hour slot. The room was very comfortable and well thought-out. Hotel Favor represents good value in a prime location.

Room Tip: Large double rooms at the front are lighter and spacious but there is only one per floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Helen P
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a hotel I found on trip advisor. It was a newly rennovated hotel off the Koningsallee in Dusseldorf Centrum.
The cab driver had a hard time finding it...there is a lot of construction going on around the hotel.Difficult to pull luggage on sand sidewalk leading to entrance..messy.
The hotel itself was nice, clean. Stark modern style.
Breakfast was lovely..no charge and wifi free. Once the construction is done, I think I would stay here again, although I would like a little more comfortable vibe instead of stark.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KSH04
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed during our citytrip in hotel Favor and it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very nice and clean (the std room isn't very large). The comfort level of the room is also above average (flat screen tv, window blinds, healthcare products, ....). The breakfast had everything what should be there. Overall is the price correct for what you get. The only downside is that they are working on the schadowplatz, so the hotel is not accesible by car at the moment. For us, this was not a problem as there are many other parking possibllities nearby.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Bjorn H
Nathalia B, Manager at Hotel Favor, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for the comment and the high score you gave us. We will be glad to welcome you at our hotel any time. We wish you all the best. Hotel FAVOR Team