“Okay but nothing special”

NH Duesseldorf City Nord
Ranked #10 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for a trade show and had to pay over $400 USD per night for a room. Trade show pricing aside, the room had no ironing board and iron, the minibar was only 20C or so and did not chill any drinks. The internet access is wired so you will have to sit at the desk in room to access email. Good access to the S Bahn and the airport, but there are not really any restaurants nearby.

Lodging is okay but could be very greatly improved by a few small upgrades. I would not stay here again and would look for another hotel for a similar price while in Dusseldorf.

Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at the NH Hotel for business in Sept 2013. The hotel was very comfortable. I ate exclusively at the hotel, food was good. I enjoyed having coffee and cookies in the bar area on the big couches one afternoon. Was easy to get a taxi. I found everyone helpful and friendly. The only down side was no wireless in the room (only in the lobby). There is free Ethernet in the room though. I would stay there again.

1  Thank TheMZs
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am currently staying here for a trade show. My camera (in a case) fell out of my pocket while I was sitting on the couch at the bar area. I returned shortly after (5 minutes) to retrieve it. When I asked the staff they reacted strange and were not helpful. No matter who I spoke with there was a total indifference to my situation. My camera has pictures of a pilgrimage I took with my aging father and had priceless photographs on it. I cannot believe how cold the staff was in helping me remedy the situation. Once before my iPhone slipped out of my pocket in Beijing and one of the (extremely poor) workers returned it to me. I cannot believe that no one at the hotel had the honor to do the right thing. Surely someone witnessed this. What a shame. I do not recommend this hotel as they operate like a 1 star hotel off of an interstate highway. Very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel room is very confortable. No wifi avalaible, only in the lobby.
There is a tram just 100 mts from the hotel main door and you are in the city centre i 10 minutes.
Breakfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Francisca2012T
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recently booked 4 rooms during our business trip in Germany. The hotel is well located, the rooms are very basic but very clean and quite. Front Desk and Bar staff seemed to be overwehlmed with the occupancy of the resort which resulted in running into very unfriendly employees throught the hotel to the extend that guest in the bar got compleatly ignored.
As we are pending on internet due to our business we asked if we could upgrade and pay for high speed internet as the free offered WIFI did not work for any of us. We were told that we could not and should be happy to get free internet. The harsh and unfriendly tone during check out put's any military camp up to a 5Star hotel level compared to this very unfriendly hotel. We will avaoid any NH Hotel from now on, not booking any of those anymore.

2  Thank 0108
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Enjoyed the stay on a week long business trip. Friendly staff, great breakfasts although got kind of boring toward the end of the week. It's close to everything really, a short walk to transport, a longer walk to restaurants and other nice stuff. Internet is extremely slow, hard to do much with it even with a cable. Restaurant serves bland food, didn't expect it to be that bad actually and it's overpriced. Rooms were quiet, very clean and tidy, A+ on that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John_Grady_C
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed for a one night business trip and the hotel had all the amenities I would expect. The bar and lobby were quiet during the day making it easy to work. If you need internet connction remember to ask for a cable when you check in.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Dusseldorf hotels
Pempelfort
Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz
NH Duesseldorf City
#27 of 241 in Dusseldorf

Been to NH Duesseldorf City Nord? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Duesseldorf City Nord

Address: Muensterstr. 230-238 | Duesseltal, 40470 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Location: Germany > North Rhine-Westphalia > Dusseldorf
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#2 Green Hotel in Dusseldorf
#9 Luxury Hotel in Dusseldorf
#16 Business Hotel in Dusseldorf
#19 Best Value Hotel in Dusseldorf
#19 Romantic Hotel in Dusseldorf
Price Range: $54 - $257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — NH Duesseldorf City Nord 4*
The 4-star NH Dusseldorf City Nord hotel is ideally located in the northern part of Dusseldorf, the NRW state capital, also widely known as a metropolis for trade fairs and fashion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your NH Duesseldorf City Nord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Duesseldorf City Nord Hotel