“nice location, great night sleep”

Best Western Savoy Hotel
Ranked #59 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
L.A.
“nice location, great night sleep”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

recently spent a night here before traveling to Cologne. The hotel is about a 8-10 minute walk from the HBF train station. The s-bahn is only few hundred meters down the street. Hotel room was very nice and was most comfortable including the bed. Staff was very friendly and give you a smile(and chocolates). Great overall place to stay and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Steve-JL.a.
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Steve,

thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experiences.

We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our BEST WESTERN Savoy Hotel and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

BEST WESTERN Savoy Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lviv, Ukraine
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very good lacation. We spent here 3 nights, breakfasts were good, still the same during all period of stay. Rooms are too small, bathrooms are very small, for corpulent persons it is unable to enter and to close the door. Still, it was not noisy but a bit cold. We asked the reception to solve this problem - they immediately brought us the heater and proposed to change the room in case it would not warm the room. Service is excellent - very polite staff.
Important to notice that the hotel parking place is too small, not easy to park for non-excellent driver, but still too expensive - 19 Euro per night. We parked our car in the main street in front of hotel.
We booked this hotel through olotels.com - the price was cheaper then through booking.com (the difference was almost 150 euro for 3 nidhts).
We could find some defects during our stay in this hotel, but the main impression is good. In proportion price/quality Savoy Hotel is worth to stay. We are satisfied!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Tania,

first of all I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences during your stay.

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our accomodations, our buffet breakfast, and our service quality.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback. It would be our pleasure if we could welcome you some time soon again at our BEST WESTERN Savoy Hotel.

Milano
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've spent in this hotel dozens of nights during the last year due to my frequent business trips to Duesseldorf and I can't help but saying I feel very well here.
Honestly it's quite old-styled and some rooms (the single ones) are very tiny, but there are some other good points like the location is perfect (in the Japanese area and 10 minutes walk to the Aldstad, moreover in front of the famous Schumacher brewery and close to many other small restaurants) and the staff is really friendly and helpful.
For the frequent travellers like I am, a lot of small but important details: the reception staff recognizing you by name, always some water and fruits in the room, and they always try to give me my fave room so I can feel a bit more at home.
Good breakfast with a spacious hall and a wide choice of sweet and salty food.

Dear frequent guest,

first of all, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us all these times.

We are more than happy to hear that you are feeling comfortable here with us and that we were able to create a small "home away from home" for you. We are always looking forward to welcoming you again.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Located 15mins by foot from old town and a Euro 25 taxi ride from the airport (about 10mins). The hotel feels a little dated, but is adequate for a short business stop over. (A positive is the free fast (20meg) WiFi connection)
The bathroom is clean with a powerful shower, but is amazingly small. The room is clean with a comfy bed, but overall the room is dark and dingy. The room had a desk area with plenty of electrical points, flat screen TV, Safe, Air Con and a small wardrobe.
Breakfast was buffet style, it had a good selection of food and a plus point was that there are plenty of tables that were being cleaned and prepared, so no hassle finding some where to sit.

Room Tip: Lifts are very noisy, don't stay in room 408 for this reason.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear former guest,

first of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences during your stay. Unfortuantely, our rooms vary a bit in size, which is due to the fact that our building is a historic one.

However, we are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet and that our location was convenient for you.

On your next trip to Duesseldorf, we would be more than happy to welcome you again at our BEST WESTERN Savoy Hotel. Once again, thank you for your trust in us and for your Feedback!

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed in the Savoy for 3 nights during a business trip and picked it mainly as some of my colleagues had already booked it.

The hotel is conveniently located - the central train station is about a 5-10min walk away and from here you can get to the airport fairly quickly and for only around 2.50 Euros. As we were also staying in early December, the Christmas markets were on so we were please to find those within a 10-15 minute walk too.

The service was typically efficient and friendly and both check-in and check-out were very quick. Breakfast is served in a small but adequate dining area just off the main bar and there is a decent selection of cold meats, cheese, fruits, cereals and some hot options too.

My room on the third floor was absolutely fine - it wasn't large but then I don't see the point in large rooms. The bathroom didn't actually have a bath but as I'm more of a shower person, that didn;t bother me at all. The bed was comfortable although bizarrely come with two single duvets rather than the double. Storage options and a desk were all provided and one nice touch that many hotels still don;t seem to offer, was some electrical sockets available next to the bed - plus points here. One thing to note is that one of my colleagues reported that his room was absolutely tiny.. he was eventually moved but be aware that not all rooms are the same size.

One minor point is that there was no iron in the room (my usual bugbear) - however, when I called down to reception to ask for one, a steam iron and ironing board were delivered within about 5 minutes so that was fine.

Something more bitter-sweet was the internet access. Great that it's complimentary and you can arrange for accounts if using more than one device. However, from my room, the internet access was terrible... despite a constant 3-5 bars of wireless strength, it kept dropping - when I say dropping, the wireless signal was still showing as fairly strong but my requests were just not getting out to the web on both my tablet and laptop (ping attempts periodically either dropped or just took a long time). Possibly a router issue. Anyway, I did complain but it wasn't fixed during my stay. Instead I used the wireless in the lobby and that was fine.. never dropped and was fairly fast. Shame the connection from upstairs wasn't quite so good.

I'd certainly consider staying here again but I'd probably want to make sure I had a decent connection next time, particularly if working in the evenings as I often do. Other than that, I really enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear former guest,

first of all I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire team for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel.

In regards to the wireless internet connection, I would like to apologize that you seemed to have toubles accessing it in your room. However, we are working on getting a stable connection throughout the entire hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your honest feedback, we really appreciate it and like to use our guests' comments to improve our overall service quality.

We would be more than happy to welcome you soon again!

South Africa
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a difficult review to write! It us supposed to be a four star hotel. The reception is 4 star. But the rooms are 3 star. Tiny tiny.. 12 sq m. And the single use economic room can only be 8 m if it is that! Room 401 accepts the sound of the elevators!! Moaning like a captured puppy !
But of course the price is very low as well. The rooms are surprisingly quiet! The location is good. 5 mins walk from the station. 10 mins to the Ko strasse and a bit more to the Alt Stadt.

Room Tip: Try floor 4
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank desparatehousewife07
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear former guest,

first of all I would like to take the time to thank you for sharing your experiences at our property with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our overall service quality, as it is very important to us that our guests feel comfortable during their stay.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize that we did not manage to fully satisfy your needs. Our economy rooms are indeed the smallest rooms that we have, which is why we sell them cheaper than our normal comfort rooms. However, I am very happy to hear that we were still able to improve your stay by upgrading you free of charge to a higher category for the remaining of your stay and that you were able to enjoy the central location of our hotel.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us and for being our guest. We would be more than happy if we could accomodate you soon again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

As every year i was staying during Kirmes visit to Duesseldorf at Savoy hotel. The only problem i have is that i always get room with single bed... The rest is very good, hotel has ideal location for most of the activities, leisure, shopping, ...
Savoy hotel is very clean, well maintained, breakfast choice excellent. If you traveling with a car, i recommend to book place in garage in advance as the space is limited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PD0674
Katharina R, Sales Manager at Best Western Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear former guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at our property with us. We are more than happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us und we are looking forward to welcoming you again next year for the Kirmes in Duesseldorf!

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and your loyalty towards us!