“Well located, but my room was too small”

Savoy Hotel Dusseldorf
Ranked #81 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed there for 1 night for business. Very well located, close to main train station.
My room was clean and rather nice, but really small. Too small.
However, as I stayed only 1 night it was not a big problem.
A real advantage of this place is breakfast. Really good choice and nice service, worth the price.
They also let me stay 1 hour after check out time which was very helpful as I could work a bit more before leaving back home.
Overall, good location, good breakfast and nice service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Hotel is located close to the train station and right in the centre. Even though the rooms are simply furnished and my room was small the Hotel offers a good service and the breakfast is great.

If you want a stress free stay and enjoy a healthy breakfast this Hotel is right

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hotel is the center of the city and close to the business area and to the old town (5 minutes walking distance) . it is very easy to find. The hotel has amazing service and they are very nice to everyone. The Room is not big but more then enough and it's very clean and preety. Windows are soundproof, we didn't hear any noise, we stayed at the third floor. Hotel breakfast served in the morning was really good, high quality and great service.
i recommend this hotel for people going to Dusseldorf, also i parked my car in the hotel so it's a major plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DavidMan-444
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Dusseldorf is a city with zillions of hotels, just from our hotel window we could see 6 others; the reason we chose this one is because we like the Best western brand, and because of the swimming pool but we were disappointed on both counts. It didn't live up to the usual good standard of the Best Western hotels and the swimming was closed, which was not mentioned on the website.
When we arrived, we asked how to get to the car park, but were told it's full. After some discusssion, we were suddenly told there was plenty of space, by another member of staff in the reception but when my husband got the car and tried to get into the car park, we found the passage way was so narrow and had such low ceiling, we couldn't get in (and we only have average sized car). In the end, we parked in the city's multilevel car park a short walk from the hotel, and realized it was actually much better deal, as they charge only 11 euro, as opposed to the hotel charging 20 per night.
After all that stress of trying to park the car late at night after a long journey, we found the reception staff very unhelpful, the room very basic, and when i wanted to go for a swim and found the swimming pool closed for repairs, i felt close to tears.
The breakfast was very good and staff in the kitchen and restaurant were very helpful and professional, as was the bar staff in the evening.
It wasn't enough though to fix the horrible first impressions, and the lack of luxury in the room; i have never in my life had a complaint about a hotel but this time i was so disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendulka
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hotel easy to find and close to center and a lot of dining places. Warm welcome in reception and good information. To get to the rooms the instrutions was poor but did find them. Room very basic and did look old and a bit to the smal side. does also count for the bathroom, just to small. Windows towards the mainstreet, but glass must be soundproof, did not hear any noice during evening and nigth, did stay at the second floor. Hotel has no restaurant, but plenty of places nearby, breakfast served in the morning was very good, high quality and everything neadid. Also hear the staff doing agreat job.The location is the most positiv in this hotel. Price was to high.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is supposed to be a 4 star and probably is an ageing 4 star. I asked for a single room and it was just that - a small room with one bed. The worst room I've stayed in for the money I paid. It was clean though and comfortable but they should be charging for half a room. When I asked to change, they politely refused. Can't blame the staff, they have their rules to follow. Since I was staying one night, I didn't mind. I would caution future travelers to ask about their room before check in.

The hotel itself is centrally located and I could walk there easily from the main station.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Spending one night in Dusseldorf for a flight the and very lucky to find this place after reading reviews here. Took S11 to Hbf and easy 10 minute walk from HBF, nice clean, quiet large room over a courtyard and large bathroom. Staff very helpful and directed me to nice traditional German restaurant called Schumacher across the road. I am not sure how far from old city, perhaps 15 minute walk. Staff at checkin extremely helpful as was the breakfast staff next morning. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012