“Ok for Business”

Ranked #49 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
UK
“Ok for Business”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Recent business stay, very functional, rooms comfortable etc and not to far from the old town by taxi. If I were staying with my wife; however, I would aim for something a little more central. In the traffic it can be a bit of a pain.

Good team running the hotel though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Maybe the hotel is not a fancy one . But it's service is better than the 5 star hotels on the area .
We stayed in the Hyatt on a recent trip ... Kids are not very welcomed there
We arrive here 2 days ago and I am surprised with the Service and level of professionalism , reception , waiters , room service , maids ... Everyone has a big smile and is eager to help anything we have asked they have find a way to provide !!!
Location is fantastic to walk to restaurants , shops and downtown .
Hotel is extremely clean .
Food at Julian's is really good !
Breakfast is amazing and service is fantastic .
We will stay here every time we visit Dusseldorf .
Rooms are small but well designed .
Rooms facing the river are really nice .
Rooms are very quiet.
The best is if you have kids this is a kids friendly hotel !!!

• Stayed January 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It is a very basic hotel, not the same high level as other Marriots I stayed before. I did read the comments before booking and had my doubts about hotel and I still booked it with hope that it will be OK (mainly because of the price) But it was not. The room is very basic, and the bathroom is even more basic. The bed and the duvet are very simple and not comfortable. The room looks tired and needs renovation. The bathroom is exact as on the travellers pictures, not inviting at all .
I stayed last year in Intercontinental - Dusseldorf - what a huge difference, IC is great! So, if you are looking for basic hotel - it is Marriot and if you want some luxury - it is IC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott for two nights at the end of November.

The main purpose of our trip was to visit the Christmas markets. Having not been to Dusseldorf for many, many years I wasn't too sure where to stay and thought that the Marriott would be a pretty safe bet! It was, the hotel was excellent value, with friendly staff and a well equipped room with everything that we needed for a couple of nights.

We didn't mind the location and enjoyed the walk in to the Altstadt, but it wouldn't suit everyone. We left on a Sunday morning and didn't have time to get in to town for breakfast and there wasn't too much going on in the harbour area, so we ate brunch in the hotel. We thought it was a little on the pricey side. That said, we really were just after something light but brunch was the only option available.

I would recommend this hotel, but would probably chose somewhere a little closer to the centre of Dusseldorf should we visit again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I booked this because of a competitive weekend price that included breakfast and was very happy with my stay here. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and the hotel offers a range of services useful for both business and personal travel.
My spacious king-bed room was on the 5th floor overlooking a courtyard (!), very quiet, in excellent condition and clean. There was plenty of room to spread out and a wide range of TV channels in English. One thing that could be improved was the mini-fridge in the room which was a bit mildewy and didn't keep things very cold.
Breakfast was a nice spread, with breads, meats, cheese, yogurt, fruit, etc plus a 'fresh-squeezed' orange juice machine. You can also order eggs/omelets/pancakes/sausages from the grill. All in all, there is something for everyone and I appreciated the service, as there was not really much else in the immediate neighborhood. There was also a decent bar in the hotel, although I didn't use it.
Location would be pretty much the only downside to the hotel. Although it is walking distance to the old town in nice weather, when raining there is not a very convenient way to get there by public transportation. In general, I was a bit disappointed with the Medienhafen area as it seemed pretty dead on the weekends. I was expecting a buzzing trendy neighborhood with cafes and restaurants but it was mostly hotels and offices, so felt a bit away from the action on a fall weekend. The architecture is interesting, and at least there was not a lot of street noise, but it's not 'in the middle of things.'
Then again, I had no problem with the hotel itself, and wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I was in Dusseldorf. Especially with included breakfast, it was a great deal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited the city last year with some friends and had a great weekend, so decided to go back as a couple and have another look (travelled on bank holiday weekend August 2013). My wife and I will definitely visit again. The hotel Courtyard Marriott was excellent value for money. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a room with a harbour view but on the other side of the harbour without the city view as well. I asked the reception staff if it was possible to change the room to the other side of the hotel and they did it within seconds. The staff were very helpful and the hotel was spotless. We had a room on the 5th floor with a harbour/city view. It looked great at night when the place was all lit ip. My only moan would be that the bed was to small for 2 people. In the first room we were taken to the bed was at least a queen size. When we moved the bed was probably a little smaller than a double!! The view and the rest of the hotel made up for that though. Its in a great location and the Altstadt is a very nice 15 min walk along the lovely waterfront.
The Altstadt is great for cafe's, bars and restaurants and even shopping along the Konigsalee.
Try a river boat trip, we paid just 12 euro's each for an hour and a half's boat trip which included all drinks! brilliant.

Will definitely visit again and stay at the Marriott. Love the town and the atmosphere and the food (currywurst my fav) oh one more thing I forgot to mention the Weissbier !!! You have to have the Weissbier!!
To many wonderful bars, cafe's etc to pick a best from however, the river front bar/cafe does a fantastic currywurst pome frittes and a great weissbier.

If it helps the cost of our weekend was 240 euro's in total. We flew with Ryan (flights were 40 euros each return) air to Weiss airport then got the train from there to Dusseldorf (15 euros each) then walked into the Altstadt (5mins) Had some lunch then taxi to the hotel (took about 3 mins 8 euros)
Hope this was helpful

Room Tip: The rooms with city/harbour view have the best outlook, however make sure it has a proper double (or...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Colin F
Mountain View, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is a typical Courtyard hotel, clean room, nice layout, in good location. I got a room on top floor facing harbor, with quite nice view, the gym is decent size and well equipped. The internet signup process was very disappointing to say the least: you would have to log in, select the plan, then call the front desk to activate internet access, then log back to browser, and hope it already worked. And then repeat this process for each individual device need internet access (phone, ipad, laptop etc), really bad process at minimum, and would also be a time drain for the front desk staffs. One other glitch is that the heater didnt seem to work initially, though fixed eventually.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor with Harbor view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business