Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf Airport - Ratingen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Ratingen(Ratingen)
View Hotel
TRYP Duesseldorf Airport Hotel(Ratingen)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstypical holiday innminute drivean early flightfree wififollowing morningdouble bedone night staynice staybusiness tripeurodusratesterminalsaunasheratontelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. The room appeared clean. That is the only plus. Upon arrival I was informed that the insure restaurant was closed and a buffet was offered in the garden. The king size bed had covers for a full size bed. It was ridiculous! The buffet was a nightmare, all the food was cold. The menu consisted of hamburger party, French fries, beef stroganoff, white rice, sliced sausage in BBQ sauce, grilled vegetables, salad bar, and dessert. I could only imagine the bacterial growth present on the food. Did I mention the lettuce was not washed? Throw some E. coli in the mix and now there's a party! The buffet was 22 euros! I spoke with the front desk attendees to bring some awareness of the room issues and food. Their eyes widened as I described how the food would interact within their bodies. I do not recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf Airport - Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear giociddio,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Booked thru my company, i have been there for 4 Nights at this holiday Inn Hotel in Ratingen (near Dusseldorf). I did enjoyed this Trip very much, due the Hotel and it Service have been very professional and great Atmosphere there. Mostly Businesstravellers there and the Businesscenter was well outfitted. I had a Standard Room, wich was nice decorated. Good Service in their Restaurant too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I felt there very comfortable at this Holiday Inn Hotel in Ratingen, due its high class and professional Service. My Stay ther was for 2 Nights. My Room had a usual size and was pretty cosy outfitted. Very clean and good Bathroom too. On both Evening i went together with some Businessfriends into their nice Restaurant and there was a good Service given to the Guests. Much Choices at the Breakfastbuffet too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the only average review we are writing from our recent stay in Ireland and Germany...
The good part was the location and the cleanliness... and the great breakfast -- we did the cold breakfast which was only 11 Euro apiece and was great.. Everything else was poor or average...
The worst was the front desk help...the 2 women on duty smiled a lot but were condescending. We were given directions to the room - but they were not very good, as we found out the hard way there was no elevator..and we had our 2 heavy rolling duffels ...
We were there on a very warm night and the air conditioning was lousy. After several visits to the front desk and a look at another room which was just as bad, we settled for a fan. There was an outdoor restaurant available by the pool, but we chose to walk 15 minutes to a nearby town on the walking - biking trail and enjoy a nice local restaurant.
The wireless was not free - and I finally begrudgingly purchased it and had problems and had to get a refund. It was very slow and kept disconnecting... I ended up using my cell phone broadband. I am waiting to see my credit card bill to make sure I was not charged for that...
The best part is the convenience if you have an early flight..and that went well..with a free ( I thnk) shuttle to Dusseldorf Airport. The traffic in Dusseldorf is congested, so a close hotel is peace of mind...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf Airport - Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Allen R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to read you found our location convenient. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We apologize for the unusual condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the staff and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D

Reviewed July 4, 2013

For one night is ok any Hotel. Having this in mind you can sleep in this hotel. The rooms are average as space but you will be shock regarding the very old furniture (around 80-90's) from the room. Everything looks like you are back in time. I have spotted unclean areas in the bathroom inside the room (and even on the corridor outside the room). You can imagine how unpleased was the shower which I needed to take. The biggest unpleased surprise was the parking area, after bringing all the stuff out of the car I try to park the car but surprisingly no parking spot available on a large parking area ... geting angry finally I have seen a sign which indicate parking direction in to the wood. Yes (!!!) the sign pointed out to a narrow path to the wood, I have drive on to that narrow off road full with water and mud and finally geting in an open area surrounded by trees where a lot of cars have been park directly on the uncut grass. Nothing arranged for a parking area, the land was sloped and on certain areas full with mud. Finally after the car was park (camping style) came the journey back to the hotel on the same off road full with water and mud. You can imagine how dirty where my shoes after this. The parking was not for free cost 8,5 Euro for one night. I have to make the same trip next morning to take the car back. Unpleased at all. The food in the breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. The ladys from the counter ware polite and nice all the time but unfortunately this did not change the problems at all. I will avoid as much as possible this place. This place should not be in the Holiday Inn Express hotels which have others standards.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bogdan M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf Airport - Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Bogdan M,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G