“Good value”

Ranked #81 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Ninove, Belgium
“Good value”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly Reception staff, fast check in. Standard rooms are spacious. We've had the dinner buffet in the evening which was rather good. Same applies for breakfast, we enjoyed it as well.

Minus; We found peanut leftovers under the bed. And for an hotel near an international airport we would have expected the restaurant staff to speak english as well. Even when they notice that you are having trouble with the german language.. they continue explaining things in german...

But apart from that; decent room and decent food !

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

After a frosty reception and check in experience I went to the room finding I had to purchase high speed Internet which at Eur14 seemed steep but no free wifi is offered, however if I pay I expect decent speeds, I tried this and was receiving speeds of 560k on average. I complained but this was it or nothing.

The room itself felt dated the air conditioning was not working in the end I left the balcony door and curtain open all night to stay cool.

Worse than this found out restaurant was closed and bar and all guests were being forced to eat BBQ food and sit round pool where there was a severe lack of seats. No explanation was given for the only restaurant to be closed. I was forced to g out and eat.

In the morning breakfast was good, the waiter needed some serious attitude adjustment though he was just plain rude, grumpy and miserable.

If I'm ever in the area I would find somewhere else to stay, it was not worth the money, and certainly not to the standards of a hotel, it reminded me of a bed and breakfast.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear agilchrist,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I was concerned to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and that there were a number of factors that impacted your visit. I apologize for any inconvenience our internet service has caused you and for the discomforts our room amenities has brought you. Additionally, please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you had with our restaurant.

I regret that you found these aspects of your stay displeasing, I have taken note of your comments and rest assured that it will be reviewed by the hotel's management to target opportunity areas. We all hope that you would give us another chance so we can redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dusseldorf hotels

San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Save $15 on a taxi fare. The hotel is clean and you get a free continental breakfast. There is a pub bar, with food, in the hotel. No free wi-fi. €5 for a half hour or €15 for 24 hours. There is little to do around the hotel if you don't have a car. Book on the Internet for the best rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rick B
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I didnt like it in the beginning because they gave me a smoking room which was disgusting... Luckily I could change my room... They have a shuttle service every 30 min to airport but if you are alone, shuttle might not come.. So be careful with shuttle arrangement.. Rest is fine.. Internet costs 14 euro per day!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Alieacelina
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed the night before an early flight---5 minutes from DUS; free airport shuttle; restaurant and bar available til late; WiFi at a charge which is ridiculous in this day and age; indoor/outdoor pool; mini-fridge in room a plus

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night on way to airport. Outside of hotel could use a makeover (front & back) but lobby & rooms good enough considering Internet rate of only 49 Euro for a Friday night stay.

Room clean & bed comfortable.
Staff nice.
Room service was fast.
Free shuttle to airport which only 10 min away.
Did not use but pool appeared to be heated & people swimming (was 1/2 indoor & 1/2 outdoor).
Only two English stations (bbc news & CNN news).

Only real negative is still no free Internet!

No comment in regards to area I was in as was only passing thru for morning flight but my stay was an hour away elsewhere in Germany.

• Stayed April 2013
Aalten, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I plan to use this place more in the future. Its park and fly program works just perfectly for my international flights. The rooms are big and clean and there is a nice free continental breakfast for early fliers. Car pick-up takes about a minute.

Room Tip: Be sure ti book a first floor room - no elevator!