“Good clean rooms”

Best Western Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #109 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
“Good clean rooms”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Fine rooms and good breakfast.
The beds aren't great but the shower and overal cleanliness make up for it.
Not enough parking spots to accommodate all guests.
Fine location - we were able to walk to the altstadt in about 20 minutes

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to this hotel, which we chose based on trip adviser reviews.
Very nice hotel with helpful friendly staff.
Big rooms very clean.
Private car park, central location and a good price.

Main train station just a few minutes walk with easy transport options.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank engelhardt61
uk
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having travelled a lot in GermanyI found this hotel to be of a good standard of cleanliness, comfort and convenience. The room was warm and comfortable in December. It was excellent value for money. This is what I expect in most German hotels and I am rarely disappointed. The reception staff were friendly, multi-lingual and helpful when asked. The location is not pretty, a dull side street, but was within easy walking distance of trains, trams and buses. So it was super for getting round the city and for us to visit christmas markets.
Only two minor gripes for the management to address:
1. The hotel folder states that free tea and coffee are available in reception 24/7. When we asked for it there was none available and the receptionist had to put on a machine which would be ready for us on our return, sometime later.
2. On arrival,our room safe was locked and the receptionist did not understand how to re-open it. We have had this situation in other hotels and the staff had been trained to sort the problem.
Nevertheless I would still recommend this hotel for seasoned travellers who simply want clean beds and bathrooms in a convenient location without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quiet. Trams pass the front and may annoy fussy travellers.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Moss Landing, California
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel says they have a small parking lot available and we arrived at 8:00PM with no room left; Cristina the the Desk clerk was dismayed for us and found us street parking that was available at no cost until 9:00AM the next morning.
The breakfast buffet for 9 Euros was out standing. Freshly scrambled eggs, juicy sausage, smoked trout,fresh diced fruit, and much much more. Nico our waiter cleared plates and made sure we never exhausted our juice or coffee.
We had come to Dusseldorf to enjoy the christmas market. Some in our party were challenged by long walks and the faire was too far from the hotel fo them; Bogeslav our morning desk person had complete instructions on getting there and sugggested public transit. When we asked if we could move our car into the parking lot and take a taxi to the market, even though we were checking out that day he said sure and asked if he could call the Taxi.

The entire facility was emaculate the rooms were cleaner than many places we've stayed at that were far more costly; the bathroom while small just gleamed with out a water spot any where.
The hall carpet and walls looked recently painted and shampoed.

It was much more than I wexpected, and as others have said, a great value for the money.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room as far from the train station as they can.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel primarily for its location and the name brand. I am usually more adventurous with local brands when I am in Europe but because of the location I chose (near train station), I opted for a branded hotel this time.

1. Location - I planned on using the train a lot this trip and the location of this hotel was perfect. It is about 2 to 3 minutes walking distance to the station.

I had a little bit of concern with safety at night based on what i have read (mainly people around the station) but if you are careful and stick with basic rules of safety, you will be fine. I didn't see these "questionable elements" very near the hotel.

2. Rooms

Cleanliness - very clean!
Size - for a European hotel, it is Ok. Very small for those of us used to Best Western Hotels in the US.
Beds - I read a lot of bad reviews about the beds in this hotel but I was fine. Slept very well.
Peace and Quiet for a restful sleep - well, if you choose to book near a train station, expect trains passing through at night! I heard a few but was not bothered. I expected the trains to come and go!

3. Staff- professional and friendly! They speak very good English too!

4. Breakfast - excellent.

Again, very good value for my money. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ktr614
Londra, Regno Unito
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Let’s say I have some contrasting feelings about the Ambassador Hotel: the place is quite old and a refurbishment would be nice, old TV, carpets all around and very soft beds.
To the other hand I must say: I found the breakfast quite good, the staff was helpful and the price competitive especially compared to other hotel in the same area.
Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wsep
Vilnius
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Location is good, 2min by foot to Main train station, very convinient for Business to messe, easy access to Koln, 20min by train. The hotel itself is a very old place, rooms are very old but clean and tidy, but in general I just came to sleep and did not spend time in the hotel, single rooms are very small, and with very basic decor, furniture,tv... low standart of Best Western in Germany I can say. When you enter the Hotel in the reception you will feel the cigarettes and old place smell. But its always full during a messe and I heard they charge 200-250 overnight for this I dont know 2 star place. One advantage is they offer a nice breakfast. If you are travelling for business or messe, its fine for 2-3 nights, if you go for pleasure, avoid this place no comfort, fun and smile on your face. and the guy who is doing a night shift when I came back home late he is always playing some warcraft game and better dont ask him anything, he has no interest in his work just dont disturb him:) Other staff is nice the girls working during a day are helpfull and also a guy is friendly ant talkative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Dusseldorf hotels