“Extremely good food”

Ranked #203 of 1,903 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Description: This is "Libanon" restaurant, not "Libanon-Express" that is already recorded by TripAdvisor
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We selected one of the many set menus, great selection of cold, and hot starters, Lamb and chicken for the main course that was very well cooked and Baklava for dessert.
Very good quality and a lot of food.
Service was superb and friendly.
The cost for Dusseldorf was more than reasonable.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

we took a more expensive menu but couldn't finish it. Tooooo much. But everything, from appetizers to desert was exactly what one would expect in a lebanese restaurant. Only, our table was to small for the 11 (eleven!!!) cold starters. As it was a hot summer day we were eating outside so it wasn't untill the end of our meal, when i went to the toilet that i saw the unique interior. Ali Baba's cave! And last but not least, coffee and a liquorshot were on the house!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

There are better places, but I was introduced to Lebanon first, so at that point did not know. Nice atmosphere, great show and friendly staff. Food was good, fresh and authentic, but the quantity and price need to be adjusted. But if you go on the weekend so you get to see the dancer it is worth paying more for the atmosphere. Also this venue is right downtown where it is happening. By the way better make reservations if you plan to go at night!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went for the vegetarain special which included some crudities and flatbreads followed by 11 cold starters, then 4 hot starters, then 3 hot dishes (okra, green beans and mixed veg) with rice and then bklava to finish off. All were wonderful and we were entertained by some belly dancing as well in a restaurant with a great atmosphere and superb surroundings.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I've never eaten in a Lebanese restaurant (until this visit), so this was a first for me. But, I do love Mediterranean cuisine though. The first thing I noticed upon entering Libanon was that every seat was filled and it was lively. It seemed cozy and had a very Lebanese decor. The wait staff was very attentive and seemed to be enjoying their work. One of our hosts ordered for the table, which was helpful. We ended up with a 4 course meal...cold appetizers, hot appetizers, main course (kebabs/rice) and dessert. My favorites were the tatziki, humus, salads, falafels and chicken kebabs. Overall the food was great as was the service.

Considering the larger size of our party and the multiple courses of the meal, our visit took a while, but it was still enjoyable. A few times during the evening, a belly dancer came out to some VERY loud music...almost concert level (could turn it down a few notches). It was entertaining though.

Overall, I though this was a very nice experience and the food was probably my favorite during my 10-day business trip in Germany.