“Great option for an overnight layover”

Avidon Art & Design Hotel
Ranked #68 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a pleasant 12 hour stay here before an early morning flight. I chose this hotel as opposed to staying at the airport due to cost. This was a convenient eight euro, five minute taxi ride from the airport. The hotel room was clean, spacious and quiet (not on the tram side). The rate included free wifi, which was fast and reliable. There was no restaurant within the hotel but some restaurants and grocery stores within a five minute walk. Coffee drinks were available through the hotel bar. There was also a small mini mart attached to the hotel, which sold snacks and drinks. Staff at the front desk were very helpful and polite. The only thing that could be better was the comfort of the room (air conditioning, pillows) but this small detail did not matter for such a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kat0425

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

What a great place this is. Close to the airport, cost 8 euro in a taxi. Very pleasant, friendly staff. The hotel itself is modern, spotlessly clean and has a nice bar where we enjoyed a quiet drink.
The room we stayed in was large, spacious, modern, and again very clean. The bed was huge, had a very comfortable nights sleep.
Our room was at the side where the trams passed by, which could be noisy at times. The only disappointment I have, is that we only stayed here for one night, due to our travelling around the region.
A lovely hotel, with exceptional staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tina2603
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Avidon a few nights ago as we had an overnight layover back to the US. I deiced on this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and was very happy I did. The pricing is very affordable. The hotel is very close to the airport, about a 10 minute drive and 10 Euro fare. The staff was very pleasant when checking in and upgraded us to a suite upon arrival. The room was very clean and very spacious and had all the amenities you would expect. The tram stop is right outstide the hotel and this is a good thing and maybe a negative as well. We had plenty of time so we took the tram into the Old Town (Altstadt) wich is over a few Euro per person each way and drops you off very close. The negative on the tram is that it could be a bit loud depending on where you room is. It really didn't bother us to much, but I can see where it would some people. We also asked for a late checkout (13:00) and they were happy to assist us. Overall a great hotel and we were thrilled with our stay there!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room on the back on the hotel to avoid the Tra...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Avidon Design Hotel is very near to the airport, so we stayed there on an overnight layover from Italy to the States. It was convenient, and had a tram stop right outside, so we had some free hours to go into Altstadt (Old Town ) to wander, drink, and eat dinner (don't...do NOT miss that!).
The hotel was spotless, beautifully designed, with lots of amenities we didn't even take advantage of because our stay was so short. The bed was large and ultra comfortable, the bath smallish but very clean and well designed. The desk agent spoke excellent English and was very helpful with suggestions as to how to get to Altstadt and what to do there. Rates were amazingly affordable. Dusseldorf deserves a wider exploration, and this is so convenient and comfortable we'd return in a flash.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I arrived at the Hotel to find no room had been booked for us as the hotel's fax machine was down when we booked through expedia.co.uk. in December. The 2 female receptionists couldn't have been more helpful, and managed to find us a room to our relief. The Hotel was stunning and the bathroom downstairs was simply awesome. The breakfast room was superb as was the breakfast which we had on the 3 days we were there. The room was very nice indeed, but the only down side to it was that we had coffee and tea in the room on the Wednesday night and the dirty cups were still there when we checked out of the room on the Saturday. A hotel of this standard, with daily room cleaning, I would have thought that these would not have been left lying around for days. The bottled water was not replaced every day as stated nor were the glasses. We asked for extra pillows but couldn't be given any as they had none..!!! The room itself was huge and with the soundproofing we never had any problem with noise even from the trams that ran back and forth. We were in a room at the back of the hotel. All in all a fantastic hotel and fantastic staff who couldn't do enough for you when asked. Would highly recommend this hotel, and we would certainly stay there again.... Be careful when getting in a taxi from the airport, ask for the price first..!!! we were charged euro 20.80....!!!!! for an euro 8 trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for only one night since I was attending an exhibition at the Marriott hotel at Dusseldorf airport. The prices at the Marriott and Sheraton were way too high and so was looking for an alternative and chanced upon this hotel.

I can confirm everything else that has been mentioned in the previous reviews i.e. the rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. The beds are heavenly and the staff extremely friendly and nice. I did not have anything to eat, so can't say anything about the bar or breakfast. And the fact that it is only a 8 Euro cab drive to the airport makes it a great alternative to the airport hotels.

Something that I really appreciated about the hotel is that there is a very pleasant smell when you enter the rooms. This is a small detail which, being a woman, I really appreciate. And the towels are not only soft but smell heavenly too!!! Since I travel a lot and stay in a number of hotels, I appreciate these small details that make a stay special and unique.

I will definitely go back here if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jetsetrose
Reviewed May 19, 2013

i stayed onnly 1 night here....you need to try this Hotel....
never seen a hotel like that.... ask to see the bathroom at the downstairs floor...

the room are clean big and nice..nice staff, nice Bar... i is very close to the aiport...so if u ae looking for a hotel in Dussendolf... stay here for sure hightly recomended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo