All reviewsclose to the airportdowntown dusseldorflarge balconynice hotellight sleepertram stopshort staywalking distanceeurostaxitramlinebedconnection
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I arrived at the Hotel to find no room had been booked for us as the hotel's fax machine was down when we booked through expedia.co.uk. in December. The 2 female receptionists couldn't have been more helpful, and managed to find us a room to our relief. The Hotel was stunning and the bathroom downstairs was simply awesome. The breakfast room was superb as was the breakfast which we had on the 3 days we were there. The room was very nice indeed, but the only down side to it was that we had coffee and tea in the room on the Wednesday night and the dirty cups were still there when we checked out of the room on the Saturday. A hotel of this standard, with daily room cleaning, I would have thought that these would not have been left lying around for days. The bottled water was not replaced every day as stated nor were the glasses. We asked for extra pillows but couldn't be given any as they had none..!!! The room itself was huge and with the soundproofing we never had any problem with noise even from the trams that ran back and forth. We were in a room at the back of the hotel. All in all a fantastic hotel and fantastic staff who couldn't do enough for you when asked. Would highly recommend this hotel, and we would certainly stay there again.... Be careful when getting in a taxi from the airport, ask for the price first..!!! we were charged euro 20.80....!!!!! for an euro 8 trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for only one night since I was attending an exhibition at the Marriott hotel at Dusseldorf airport. The prices at the Marriott and Sheraton were way too high and so was looking for an alternative and chanced upon this hotel.

I can confirm everything else that has been mentioned in the previous reviews i.e. the rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. The beds are heavenly and the staff extremely friendly and nice. I did not have anything to eat, so can't say anything about the bar or breakfast. And the fact that it is only a 8 Euro cab drive to the airport makes it a great alternative to the airport hotels.

Something that I really appreciated about the hotel is that there is a very pleasant smell when you enter the rooms. This is a small detail which, being a woman, I really appreciate. And the towels are not only soft but smell heavenly too!!! Since I travel a lot and stay in a number of hotels, I appreciate these small details that make a stay special and unique.

I will definitely go back here if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jetsetrose
Reviewed May 19, 2013

i stayed onnly 1 night here....you need to try this Hotel....
never seen a hotel like that.... ask to see the bathroom at the downstairs floor...

the room are clean big and nice..nice staff, nice Bar... i is very close to the aiport...so if u ae looking for a hotel in Dussendolf... stay here for sure hightly recomended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank letizia p
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed one night at the Avidon Art and Design Hotel near Dusseldorf Airport. Just a 5 minutes, 8 Euro cab ride to the hotel and you find yourself in a delightful boutique hotel with very friendly hotel staff and will do their utmost to make you comfortable.
I arrived near midnight and everything in the area was closed. The hotel does have a 24 hour pub bar and within minutes of checking in I was offered something to eat in the pub. Since I had been traveling for 12 hours I was pleased to have anything that was offered. The staff offered to prepare a "tarte flambe" (thin crust pizza) for me with many toppings to choose from and within minutes I had a delicious tarte while I sat at the bar, enjoyed a drink and relaxed.

After my meal I found my room which was very clean, modern, spacious; free wifi and tv, a lovely balcony overlooking a square where in the morning locals gathered to sell flowers, cheese, fruit, etc. A trolley runs past the hotel on a regular schedule and will take you to downtown Dusseldorf very quickly.

I had an incredible nights sleep on a marvelous bed. The room amenities were excellent and when it was time to checkout the front desk arranged a cab to return me to the airport quickly.
The hotel staff is delightful, all speak perfect English and go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. Plus, the hotel rate is OUTSTANDING. I look forward to returning to this gem of a hotel soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I selected this hotel based upon recommendations and location, as I was visiting the ISS Dome and flying the next day.

Although this hotel is located in a residential area near the airport, it is well connected with a tram terminal next door (707 tram goes to downtown and the main railway station), and the S-Bahn station within a few minutes. Short taxi ride from the airport (Euros 8.00).

The hotel reception was very attentive and helpful, everything was organised on schedule.
Price was great value for the quality.

Rooms were clean, spacious, well designed and most comfortable, with all the amenities you would expect at an upscale business hotel.

I would definitely stay here on future trips to Dusseldorf.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo