All reviewsclose to the airportdowntown dusseldorflarge balconynice hotellight sleepertram stopshort staywalking distanceeurostaxitramlinebedconnection
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here on business in Feb and found it very comfortable. About a 5 minute taxi journey from the airport and the nearby train station also offers a direct service to the airport.

Receptionist was very friendly and I was checked in easily. I was also given a wi-fi code - free wi-fi is great and the connection was fine throughout my stay.

The room was large, very clean and comfortable with a huge bed. A desk-space/working area and also comfortable chairs and a small coffee table. There was also a balcony which was nice to get some 'fresh air' though being early Feb it was rather a bit too fresh. Bathroom was on the small side but it didn't really bother me as a single traveller. There was no bath but the shower was of a good pressure and always hot.

There is no restaurant at the hotel which I was unaware of when I arrived, they do serve a kind of savoury tart in the bar but it didn't look particularly appertising from the pictures. However, the hotel are more than happy to recommend a nearby restaurant or for you to order a take-away to your room and they provide menus from the local take-aways in your room. These menus (as you would expect) are all in German and as I'm a little ropey on the language found some difficult to translate. One of the Italian restaurants has an online order service and my order was with me in approx 15mins which was great.

The hotel is in a quiet area but there is a tramline that runs alongside it. The noise from this wasn't very loud but you could still hear it at times. If you are a very light sleeper I would request a room on the other side of the hotel.

The bar area in the hotel is nice with plenty of choice drinks-wise and at reasonable prices.

Breakfast is plentiful with all the usual continental bits on offer as well as an option of eggs cooked to your liking.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Hotel is a little bit expensive for its provided value. The room is absolutely standard and they claiming that tricky chair in it is worth of calling it "design" hotel. However room was very comfortable and clean. I had just a problem with number of flies behind bed which I had to kill before sleep. Its not located very close to airport so you have to take a taxi (its not expensive even for German standards). I had to wake up early morning so I didnt had a breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I'll start by saying that there isn't too much wrong with this place as a bed for the night. It's very clean and the staff are friendly. The lift to the floors is very small however - one person plus suitcase in my opinion. There is a bar - though I can't comment as I didn't use it.

I stayed in October, a last minute decision to visit an exhibition. The hotel is convenient for the airport (though I was charged 12 euros for the trip from airport to hotel and 7 euros for the return trip 2 days later. Likewise my trip to the exhibition centre was 17 euros to Messe from the hotel (with the most unfriendly taxi driver I've ever come across - I may not speak German, but I know what "that" word means) and 8 euros return that evening. Again, the hotel is convenient for the exhibition centre.

The biggest problem is the price and that's why I can only give it 3 stars. I had a nice room (with some whacky furniture) and the bed was comfortable. But at over £250 a night (breakfast was extra!!!) it's a lot to pay for a bed.

Another reviewer has said that the breakfast room ran out of things when they went for breakfast at 10.15. I stayed two nights and breakfasted at 7.15 and 8.15 (approx). There was the same problem at that time with empty baskets of bread etc. The eggs were good though. Never did find any of these restaurants within easy reach as the weather was bad throughout my stay.

Overall, it's a room with a bed. And on that basis, very expensive. Sorry but I think I'd find somewhere a bit cheaper next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel (room 108) the 27th of August. Nice and clean room, nice people!
The only thing we didn't like was the breakfast. We went for our breakfast at 10:15 AM.
the buffet ran out of everything. Had to ask for scrambled eggs; buns; orangejuice, everything was gone. € 16 a person for this kind of breakfast wasn't what we had in mind in a four-star hotel.....
Small elevator!

Room Tip: Watch the U-bahn! Noisy when they come around the corner! In our room (108) we did hear it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My 15 yr old grandson and I completed our ten day trip to Germany and France in this little gem. The room was the largest we had in our ten days, extraordinary clean and a bi-lingual staff.. O"ne caution, you need to turn the correct direction when you leave the train station. turn toward the little restaurant right by the train and walk 400 meters. look to the left. Great value

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family