I was always taught that if you can't say something nice say nothing - in the case of the Madison I am breaking my own rule. I travelled with two friends who had booked a twin room, when we arrived they were told there was only one double room available "because they were last to check in", I have heard of check in restrictions before a certain time but checking after 5 which means they give your room away is new to me. What the girl on reception actually said "what do you expect me to do" I always assumed that the managing of the hotel was the responsibility of the staff. Truthful they could not have been more unhelpful. When I got to my room it was quite large, and it seemed even bigger because it had the least possible furniture, one bed, one straight back chair, one wardrobe and one small desk. Dont waste your time looking for a kettle or a fridge there not there, 4 star - I think not ! The breakfast was what could only described as Spartan, the only warm food was some boiled eggs, the rest consisted of some really cheap ham and cheese. Honestly you will be better of if you splash out and spend 3 or 4 euros on a superior breakfast. All together those points I think would have been enough to knock two stars off the Madison's rate but the thing that did it to me was when I asked for an iron and an ironing board to be sent to my room. Normally I would expect them to already be in my room in a 4 star hotel - but of course sometimes not, so I asked from reception and I was told they would not send the iron or the ironing board to my room but if I want something pressed I needed to do it in the luggage room beside the reception. I am sure you can appreciate that was somewhat of a surprise especially as the luggage room was full of - case what ? - luggage. The actually iron was so cheap I thought it was a toy. Again the staff really did not care, the usual take it or leave attitude, very, very disappointing. All together a very bad experience, Dusseldorf is a really nice town please don't spoil your visit by staying in the Madison hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novum Business Hotel Madison Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof is ideally located between Central Station and the famous King Avenue and speaks with its central location and filigree decoration both business and leisure guests to . Find out the charm of this town situated alongside the river from our hotel in Dusseldorf , where elegance and comfort meet in a most appealing way.Half a kilometer from the city center, and just minutes from the main train station you will find cozy rooms in an elegant country house style. All rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated. Here , discerning guests will feel happy here . The rooms are equipped with free wireless Internet access and are therefore particularly suitable for your business trips to Dusseldorf .We are here around the clock for our guests and offer individual care in a family atmosphere. In just a few minutes you are in the city center with its many shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Novum Hotel Madison Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madison i Dusseldorf düsseldorf
- Hotel Madison i Dusseldorf