KEMPE Komfort Hotel
Famosa Hotel(Dusseldorf)
Hotel Paris(Dusseldorf)
Hotel Residenz(Dusseldorf)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel is excellentrooms are cleancityairportstation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed in Kempe Hotel for 4 night for the Pro Wein fair. The position is excellent, the S Bahn is just a few metres from the hotel and just one stop and you arrive at the main train station with connections to the rest of the city.
I booked 2 single rooms, both where clean and larg, the floor was a little ruined.
Breakfast was ok, not the best I've ever had, but quite abundant, salty and sweet.
The people who work there were friandly but not very helpful: the wifi didn't work at all and they didn't know why, I was there for work and free wifi connenction was one of the reasons why I booked this hotel.
The price I payed without special offers is definetely too much, even though it was days of fair. if I'll find special offers I'll probably come back in this hotel, especially for its position.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank agnesemenca
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is in a good location. Rooms are nice, spa, free internet, free parking. Once downside is there's no bar/restaurant in the hotel, but there is a place around the corner. Close to bus/subway, and if you don't mind a little walking, it's really nice to walk to the center of town.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel is fairly nice.

The rooms are pretty decent. They're clean, the bed is comfy and they're a good size. There's a shared balcony. I got a room facing the train tracks so it was kind of loud at night.

The breakfast is nice, typical European fare but there's a decent selection.

That was what was good at the hotel, but what made me give this hotel such a poor rating was what happened when I paid for the room. It just pissed me off: I paid with my credit card and the pin pad came up in Canadian dollars. I noticed but I figured it must have been automatic so I enter my pin and go about my day. Then later in my room I looked at the receipt. It said in bold letters "I acknowledge that I was given a choice in the currency. I acknowledge that this choice cannot be changed." The exchange rate listed was much worse than the one my credit card would have given me if I had been allowed to pay in euros.

Ultimately the difference wasn't that big but it was just the sneakiness that got me.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank fuzzypuppy
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night, as we were visiting Cologne for a gig and our flights went into DUS so we thought we'd have a night in Dusseldorf before going across to their Rhineland rivals.

The hotel is located on the edge of the city centre and it is a 15 minute walk to the old town, but for us that wasn't a problem.

As other reviewers have stated that the hotel is close to a train line and even though our room overlooked the line this wasn't a problem (full disclosure: we live next to a train station in Manchester so may be acclimatised). We were also near the recycling bins that other reviewers commented upon, and even though we were staying Friday night-Saturday morning we heard nothing.

The room we had on the 3rd floor was very spacious and very oddly designed. I think the building was originally used as apartments before being converted into a hotel.

Free Wifi was a bonus especially as many other 'upmarket hotels' will charge you for this and the signal was strong throughout.

Best of all was the price. £40 for a night in a room that was clean and comfortable you can't go wrong. If you are coming to Dusseldorf on a budget you cannot go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better - some rooms have balconies although these are shared. Also if you are arriving at Dusseldorf airport get the slow stopping train and alight the S-Bahn station Wehrhahn station and take the exit in the opposite direction of the train, turn right at the junction and the hotel is 100 metres away.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drake_Sheldon
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel was easy to find and get to from the S Bahn train connections direct from the airport (10-12 mins @ EUR 2.30 one way per person).
The hotel isn't manned after 22:00 so you have to call ahead if you know you are gonna be late, however if you are in mid flight and delayed, they you're stuck so i would recommend in ANY case, call ahead and get the pin (to gain access to your room key via a deposit box outside the hotel entrance) info anyhows in case you arrive after 22:00, else you'll be stuck.
The room was a decent size with a kitchen and balcony door (we were on the ground floor), but the yobos outside were making so much noise i needed my ear plugs (till 4 am), on top of that every morning very early the service lifts begin to operate and its loud. So as a previous traveler recommend, ask for a room away from the lifts.

Room Tip: Away from Lifts and perhaps not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple