“Good business hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel is good for business meetings. My company have held conferences here 3 times already, and plan to do so for a 4th time. While the hotel isn't glamorous, it works well for a comfortable business stay. Staff are relatively friendly, and the meeting space is large. No free wifi in the conference hall or hotel room is a negative, and food is standard. Hotel is clean and a short drive from the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dagmar2011, General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Conferenceguru, many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to read you find our hotel works for your conferences and you have been using us a few times already. Since you indicated you stayed in June last year please contact me direct if you have an event planned this year and perhaps we can meet and discuss where we can improve further. You mentioned the quality of food was ok but standard and I would welcome more feedback here. WiFi is free in public areas to all our guests and free altogether for our HHonors gold and diamond guests. I look forward to perhaps hearing from you.

Kind regards for now, Dagmar Muhle, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel had everything a Hilton shouldn't have. The staff in the resturant and the reception were rude and the cook at the breakfast didn't even know how to make an omelett! Our room was old and the hallway was terrible. The wallpaper was so old and the carpet was dirty.It wasn't central aswell. The only good thing was that the breakfast was ok. Never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ArabelleH
Dear Arabelle H, I am so sorry to read about your experience in our hotel in October last year. Your comments are not typical for the feedback I am normally getting on my team and I only apologise that we got it so wrong! Please contact me if you wish to give me further details so we can investigate and find solutions for the problems you obviously experienced last year.
For your information we replaced the carpets in all bedrooms in Nov Dec 2013 and it is certainly our aim to provide a clean and comfortable home away from home to our guests.

With kind regards, Dagmar Mühle, General Manager
Leverkusen, Germany
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My company recently held a 100+ participant conference here & my two night stay was very comfortable. I arrived by car and found sufficient car parking space. Check in was very efficient - I particularly liked the fact that the hotel key card was presented in a short summary of our conference programme.
My room was on the 5th floor and it appeared clean, modern and bright. It had two narrow single beds - I would have preferred a double bed but this wasn't a major problem. There was a good sized flat screen TV and free tea and coffee making facilities. I had free WiFi - I guess that this was part of our conference package. The bathroom was disappointingly cramped with a normal shower head in the bath tub.
Breakfast was a lively affair with lots on offer. It got particularly busy ca. 30 minutes before our conference was due to start and special orders like Capuccino took some time to arrive.
The conference lunches and one dinner were buffet style, well presented with plenty of choice. I liked the especially laid on cocktail bar on the first evening of the conference and the late night bar was well attended on the second night I was there - as to be expected I suppose.
The conference facilities themselves were very good - we used the large ballroom type hall on the ground floor. The only complaint was the poor sound quality of the loud speaker systems.
All in all this was a good venue for our successful global conference.

1 Thank Eyekaytoo
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your conference.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain

Paris, France
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Good location, excellent brekfast. Three weaknesses though : the in room WiFi (20 euros for 24 hours) is a rip off, same for parking and the restaurant for dinner is too expensive. The rooms are standard and you need to take your shower in your bath tub. Check out in the morning is not very fast at 8 am during a fair period.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be advised that we compare our prices on a regular basis on the local market.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon and until then I remain

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel is located within about 12 minutes of the Dusseldorf airport. It's just close enough to be handy for arriving or departing but also far enough away and out of the flight path. Very quiet, nice rooms, clean and a good mini bar! No free Wi-Fi in rooms but free in lobby. Parking is good and while there isn't a lot to see in Dusseldorf, it's a great choice for the business traveler or a family staying for a couple of nights.

1 Thank CaboRobNB
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Nimy, Belgium
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had never been to Dusseldorf before this trip and this hotel was recommended by a friend who had previously lived in the area. It was perfect as it is just off the motorway, and there is free parking nearby (under the flyover and it is very safe (police station opposite)). The tram stop is also nearby and a taxi to town was €10.40. I booked a twin room with booking.com and it cost £60 per night. The staff were polite, spoke English and were very helpful. The room was clean, the bathroom was compact but had everything that was needed. Instead of breakfast at the hotel there is a little café nearby called Rheinpark Café that does a delicious breakfast, 5 items for €9.40. I loved Dusseldorf and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flism82
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and Dusseldorf.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back very soon. Until then I remain

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a fairly nice property a bit out of the way but it is convenient to get around via public transport. Breakfast is good and executive lounge is a nice feature. This was my fourth stay here and my only gripe is the consistent arrogance of the front desk management. They are always reluctant to provide the typical standard upgrades to Gold HHonors members. This is the only Hilton in Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands or Belgium that I have visited that does not seem to appreciate HHonor status guests.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Please be assured that I am going to follow up with the front desk management, in order to reinforce the quality of our services in the respect.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain