“bad hilton”

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #27 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I just now saw it is ranked nr 42 in town, no wonder, wish i had seen it before.
Checked in and had to start unloading my bags alone, after a while the porter came. Entrance impossible to get into for large crowd of smokers blocking the doors, obviously hilton dusselfdorf does not care about that. Check in messy and bad, had to actually beg for room upgrade despite entitlement as honours member...
Room cramped and small, bathroom even smaller, so far very upset.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank traveller12382
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay.

I was very concerned to learn that you were completely dissatisfied with our hotel and services and I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience caused on this occasion. Although our team makes every effort to render our guests' stay in the hotel as comfortable and hassle-free as possible, our efforts fail at times, as was obviously your case, and I deeply regret you had such an unpleasant experience outdoors, during the check in and in your room.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Duesseldorf

Reviewed February 13, 2014

First time I used this hotel. Bathroom was very very small, could not make 1 step without running into something there. Also shower was dripping. Bed was great, room temp as well.
Breakfast was very slow. Just 1 person cooking omlets in 1 small pan, took ages to get that done. Checkout was even slower. Checkout desk could fit about 6 to 8 staff, but on a friday morning checkout only 2 persons working, resulting in a long line and no priority HHonors in place (there was a sign, but not the service.
Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank koekeloer

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are sorry that your stay was not completely to your satisfaction. Whilst we cannot change the size of the rooms and bathrooms I am pleased to read that you liked the bed.

We greatly appreciate your comments concerning your experiences at the reception and breakfast, please be assured that I am going to follow up with the managers, in order to reinforce the quality and speed of our services in the respect.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

You get what you expect from this Hilton: it is a decent business hotel. The rooms are quite small and have been laid out so as to maximise space, and it doesn't work very well (eg not enough room for wardrobe doors to open fully as too close to the bed). Bed was OK, gym was sufficient (if small), and the breakfast buffet was alright (absolutely packed). I quite liked the bar, and the barman (excellent service) changed channels on the TV so we could watch the football.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Located just a few minutes by underground to the Old Town in Dusseldorf this is a nice business hotel. The rooms were nothing fancy and while the bathrooms were a bit small as noted in many reviews, it was nothing that would keep me from coming back. The area is mainly business offices and some residential so there's not much right by the hotel for restaurants, shops, etc. There is an underground station (it's actually street level) just a couple of minutes away. I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for it and it's about 5 or 6 stops from the city centre. The executive lounge was very nice and the people working there were great. My only real complaint is that the breakfast was included in my room and they charged me for it. When I inquired about it the person on the phone was very ambivalent and not helpful at all. Currently pursuing this with my company's travel agency.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the motorway. It's not loud if you have the windows shu...
1  Thank Eric B
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Eric B,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept our apologies for charging the breakfast although it was included in your rate. Be sure you will get back your money, please contact us.
We hope to welcoming you back very soon, until then I remain

with kind regards

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This place was a good location for us but may not be for all as it is slightly outside the city centre. The rooms are on the small side and the air con didn't work (I had to leave the window open all niight). The general atmosphere of the place is fine and the service levels were good. Overall it was good value for money if you overlook the €20 a day for WiFi !

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me apologize for the not working air-condition, I am currently undertaking actions to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself.

We offer free internet in all public areas and for our best guests Hhonors Gold and Diamond members. I am sorry if you were not informed about this service on arrival.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, until then I remain

With kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here to visit the Dusseldorf Boat Show. It was very good and easily connected to the city and exhibition centre. The Hotel was OK for what we paid. Breakfast was exceptional but very expensive at 27 euros. Bar prices were also at the high end. The staff at the hotel were very pleasant. The bathrooms was pretty small. But I would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain

with kind regards

Reviewed January 12, 2014

As a base for visiting the city, the Hilton is ideally situated - easy to get to and fairly easy to find. It's also within easy walking distance of the tourist attractions in the city. What is less clear is whether or not you need to pay for the low emission zone tax, but I think this hotel sits just outside the zone.

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while on a mini tour of Europe with my son. Parking in the spacious underground car park, the first problem was in trying to find reception. The walk from the underground car park to reception does take quite a few minutes. Next time I would try to park above ground.

My standard of German is only school-level, unfortunately, but the front desk staff spoke excellent English. What was not explained on arrival was how to use the lift (a swipe of the key card is needed to access the upper floors). I was told which floor my room was on, but it was only when I reached the correct floor that I realised I hadn't been given the number of the room. But these are only minor complaints.

The room itself was reasonably sized. Unlike some reviews I didn't find the bathroom overly small. The Executive Lounge was quite busy on the nights we stayed, with some of the conversation quite loud and fairly risqué. Hopefully that was a one-off occurrence.

The highlight of the stay for me was breakfast at Restaurant Max - friendly staff and a fantastic buffet. Certainly a better experience than many of the Hiltons I've stayed at in the UK. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would happily make a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank storuk
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast.

I am sorry that you haven’t been informed on arrival about the use of the key cards. I am currently undertaking actions to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dagmar Muhle