“Bit far from city”

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #25 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The property is truly to Hilton standards with all premium facilities except a swimming pool. It is not at a walkable distance to any of the shopping streets. This is only if you would like to enjoy a walk in the evening after a business day. Otherwise major attractions like old town are not too far away by Taxi.
In a booking website it was mentioned that internet is free in public areas, but seems not true. Internet is very costly.
The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonDUS, Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the City Centre, close to the river Rhein and fairground, and public transport is 3 minutes away. It is a 30 minute walk to along the Rhein to the Old Town and in the summer we offer complimentary bicycles to our hotel guests. We are sorry to hear that there was a misunderstanding with the internet. We would like to inform you that we have free internet in main public areas.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and until then remain

with kind regards

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had reserved a Junior suit but was so lucky that we were upgraded to the Presidental Suit. We where traveling with 2 small children and they had a really good time in the bath tub. The 4 year old just called it "my swimming pool".
The staff is excellent in taking care of the whole family. We are using Hilton a lot in Germany and this hotel is our no 1 favorite.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HiltonDUS, Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf very soon and until then remain

with kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very poor experience.when i checked in at the hotel ,having previously booked my rom on their web,they inmediately charged my credit card for my stay!when i found my room i inmediately saw it was located adjacent to the main elevator so potentially unless conveniently isolated it would be too noisy for any standard and far more to a five star hotel.i checked about the noise with the night shift duty manager and he said that he had slept in the same room with no problem.after being in the room for five minutes i realised the noise was unbearable...went back to the reception and asked for a room change ,which after some time they did,but the room only had single beds where i had specifically requested kingsize....back to the reception again and now they say that hotel is fully booked,they do their best and the only choice available is a room adjacent to the service elevator,fully working from 0600 am,not acceptable again.in the end i have stayed in my original room,912.and have not slept.in the morning i went for my breakfast ....uf you order eggs they give you a ticket to come back to pick your order after ten minutes...i did but they forgot my order not knowing what i wanted.i ordered a soda with my breakfast and they asked me to sign for it even before i had my first drink of it.
Very bad experience.very poor customer oriented management.ah!their cooking is good but the rest is too bad for a five star hotel.i will not come back here

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juan miguel A
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed in Room 807 for one night before our morning return to the US. Overall, I am giving it a 4 based on the concerns below. The hotel is good if you have business in the area or need a Hilton before your morning flight or after a late arrival. It appears to be primarily a business hotel that had Hilton on the side of the building. Nothing above and beyond-just the basic requirements to maintain brand requirements. For the price we paid, it served its purpose.
Positives:
• Hilton property
• Great buffet breakfast with eggs made to order and included for Hilton Honors Gold as we are
• Room with good view to the west. Good amenities provided, clean and safe room
• Good sized safe in closet
• Television with about a hundred channels ( too many Arabic/Asian ones, in my opinion, but with the large selection, there was also a large variety in German and English and more as well-got ESPN America, which is a rare find and one appreciated by American sports fans)
• Comfortable bed with several pillows, although I should have requested a firmer one with a pillow shape-the firm one was a 3m long cylinder
• Ample space to store clothes and other items
• Free internet for Gold and Diamond members-this would be an issue if we didn’t have status due to the higher than normal cost
• Business center where I was able to print my boarding passes for free
• Friendly staff, but they need to hire someone to coordinate responses to emails (or correct email address on Hilton web site, if it is wrong and is reason I never got an answer)
• Quick elevator which required card swipe to use-good security
• Multilingual staff that let me practice my German-seemed to go above and beyond, which is why my negative comment I had to make about emails surprises me
• Got a great rate of 103 euro plus tax (rebooked after initial booking 20 plus euro more and then never saw that lower rate again so it was only there for a day or two)-secret is to check several times a week-click change rate on Hilton web site once in your reservation detail and then find something in same price group since it won’t display your exact type of booking-if the price has gone down and your reservation is still cancellable, book a new reservation at the lower rate and then cancel original one once your new reservations appears in 20-45 minutes or so. (Hit cancel changes if the rate has not changed or gone up, of course!) I usually start our booking with the AARP rate since it has a cancel date the same day of arrival or only a day a two before so much flexibility. If you aren’t an AARP member, start with Best Available-just verify cancelation rules.
Neutrals:
• Located an easy 200m walk from the tram (take the S train to Theodor-Heuss-Bruecke and walk back to the first corner and turn left on Georg-Glock-Strasse-follow sidewalk until you see Hilton on the left-you pass several businesses including L’Oreal and then the Hilton garage and convention part). Easy to get to from Duesseldorf HBF (cost is 2,50 euro per adult-if returning to Aldstadt for evening or dinner, check on price for 24 hour ticket-I didn’t but should have-it may be cheaper plus you can wander)
• They only do a one level upgrade for Gold (not sure about Diamond although Diamond should get lounge access regardless)so we got a deluxe room but no access to the Executive Lounge, which may have been a blessing if we then wouldn’t have received the generous buffet breakfast in the Axis bar but the continental one in the lounge
• No good public transportation link to airport but taxi for about 16 euro took only about 15 minutes, mostly due to morning traffic before turnaround required after exiting from hotel area. One observation: the German taxis charge only by distance and not by time (i.e. the meter does not run while waiting in traffic or at stop lights as in US)
Concerns:
• I sent several emails to the address on the Hilton web site and never heard back. As a contrast, I emailed the Hilton Cologne where I stayed the first night of my trip and received an answer within 12 hours.
• Overpriced Max restaurant (hamburger 18 euro) was only restaurant within 200 m-there was one by tram stop, but we took tram to Aldstadt and had horrible meal at Schwines Janes (not the hotel’s fault-that one I blame on TripAdvisor which is spot on 99% of the time but not this restaurant)
• Only received one bottle of water as welcome gift-usually we get chocolates (at Hilton Cologne got 4 chocolates and some ground pistachio nuts) or fruit or a few bottles of water-seemed like they did the bare minimum required (one level upgrade, breakfast or points, free Internet but nothing above and beyond)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? I really couldn't have asked for any more.

Firstly the check in...quick, friendly and efficient. The room was of an adequate size, flat screen TV, very comfortable bed, with a desk and chair separate. I can understand what other reviewers are saying regarding a "small" bathroom, however I think this is slightly misleading, as the bath is really big. They have used the space in the rooms really well.

The location of the hotel is borderline perfect. It's a 10 minute drive to and from the airport (€12 roughly). It's a 5 minute walk to the main tram line, which will take you into Alstadt (old town) or into dusseldorf centre. The price is €1.50 per adult, but in all the time we went on the tram, the tickets were never checked. One more thing on the teams, I've never known a more efficient service before, absolutely brilliant.

There are also a few restaurants around the hotel, a mini market and bars. The hotel has free wifi in public areas but not available in the rooms, which was really disappointing.

The staff were very friendly and more than happy to help with any questions or queries we had. If I go back to dusseldorf again, the Hilton will be my first stop.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcoming you back at Hilton Dusseldorf very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter for the weekend. Parking was very easy and at a reasonable priced. The U is right around the corner and will take you anywhere you need to go. If you are going to be in town for a few days, I would advise the all day ticket for right at 6 Euro. You can ride the subway and bus with the ticket. The staff was very nice and ready to assist with any questions. The breakfast was nice and had a good variety of hot and cold items. The room we stayed in was not dated at all!!! Very nice. Beds are great! Executive lounge was awesome. I forgot an item in the room and did not remember it until we were 2 hours on the road and called the hotel and they were more than happy to mail it to me. Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for complimenting our team. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf very soon and until then remain

with kind regards

Reviewed May 23, 2013

as always,hilton is a great hotel,but really expensive.
good location (10 minutes from airport,15 from downtown, with taxi), clean, not loud.
very expensive for my experience.
just good breakfast (not extra ordinary)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our prices are based on a review with our main competitors here in Dusseldorf.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf soon.

With kind regards,