We stayed in Room 807 for one night before our morning return to the US. Overall, I am giving it a 4 based on the concerns below. The hotel is good if you have business in the area or need a Hilton before your morning flight or after a late arrival. It appears to be primarily a business hotel that had Hilton on the side of the building. Nothing above and beyond-just the basic requirements to maintain brand requirements. For the price we paid, it served its purpose.
• Hilton property
• Great buffet breakfast with eggs made to order and included for Hilton Honors Gold as we are
• Room with good view to the west. Good amenities provided, clean and safe room
• Good sized safe in closet
• Television with about a hundred channels ( too many Arabic/Asian ones, in my opinion, but with the large selection, there was also a large variety in German and English and more as well-got ESPN America, which is a rare find and one appreciated by American sports fans)
• Comfortable bed with several pillows, although I should have requested a firmer one with a pillow shape-the firm one was a 3m long cylinder
• Ample space to store clothes and other items
• Free internet for Gold and Diamond members-this would be an issue if we didn’t have status due to the higher than normal cost
• Business center where I was able to print my boarding passes for free
• Friendly staff, but they need to hire someone to coordinate responses to emails (or correct email address on Hilton web site, if it is wrong and is reason I never got an answer)
• Quick elevator which required card swipe to use-good security
• Multilingual staff that let me practice my German-seemed to go above and beyond, which is why my negative comment I had to make about emails surprises me
• Got a great rate of 103 euro plus tax (rebooked after initial booking 20 plus euro more and then never saw that lower rate again so it was only there for a day or two)-secret is to check several times a week-click change rate on Hilton web site once in your reservation detail and then find something in same price group since it won’t display your exact type of booking-if the price has gone down and your reservation is still cancellable, book a new reservation at the lower rate and then cancel original one once your new reservations appears in 20-45 minutes or so. (Hit cancel changes if the rate has not changed or gone up, of course!) I usually start our booking with the AARP rate since it has a cancel date the same day of arrival or only a day a two before so much flexibility. If you aren’t an AARP member, start with Best Available-just verify cancelation rules.
• Located an easy 200m walk from the tram (take the S train to Theodor-Heuss-Bruecke and walk back to the first corner and turn left on Georg-Glock-Strasse-follow sidewalk until you see Hilton on the left-you pass several businesses including L’Oreal and then the Hilton garage and convention part). Easy to get to from Duesseldorf HBF (cost is 2,50 euro per adult-if returning to Aldstadt for evening or dinner, check on price for 24 hour ticket-I didn’t but should have-it may be cheaper plus you can wander)
• They only do a one level upgrade for Gold (not sure about Diamond although Diamond should get lounge access regardless)so we got a deluxe room but no access to the Executive Lounge, which may have been a blessing if we then wouldn’t have received the generous buffet breakfast in the Axis bar but the continental one in the lounge
• No good public transportation link to airport but taxi for about 16 euro took only about 15 minutes, mostly due to morning traffic before turnaround required after exiting from hotel area. One observation: the German taxis charge only by distance and not by time (i.e. the meter does not run while waiting in traffic or at stop lights as in US)
• I sent several emails to the address on the Hilton web site and never heard back. As a contrast, I emailed the Hilton Cologne where I stayed the first night of my trip and received an answer within 12 hours.
• Overpriced Max restaurant (hamburger 18 euro) was only restaurant within 200 m-there was one by tram stop, but we took tram to Aldstadt and had horrible meal at Schwines Janes (not the hotel’s fault-that one I blame on TripAdvisor which is spot on 99% of the time but not this restaurant)
• Only received one bottle of water as welcome gift-usually we get chocolates (at Hilton Cologne got 4 chocolates and some ground pistachio nuts) or fruit or a few bottles of water-seemed like they did the bare minimum required (one level upgrade, breakfast or points, free Internet but nothing above and beyond)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a central location at the Hilton Dusseldorf hotel, just 10 minutes from Dusseldorf city center and Dusseldorf International Airport. Walk three minutes from the hotel and take a two-mile tram ride into downtown Dusseldorf. This Dusseldorf hotel is five minutes from Dusseldorf Fairground and conference center. Select from 375 comfortable guest rooms and suites to unwind after a busy day in Dusseldorf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Duesseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Duesseldorf Hotel
- Hilton Hotel düsseldorf
- Hilton Hotel Duesseldorf
- Hilton Dusseldorf
- düsseldorf Hilton